Charleston Departure/Alcohol Included Question

LHC

Okay for all you dedicated cruisers. My DD's good friend is getting married and wants to take a cruise for her honeymoon. She wants to depart out of Charleston and would like a cruise line that included alcohol in the package. Any suggestions? I am going to get her negotiating these boards next.

Thank you,

Linda (LHC)

I suspect this thread will be moved to another location, since it doesn't involve HAL ...

Norwegian Majesty sails out of Charleston 8 months a year to W Caribbean and Bermuda. Carnival sails out twice a year (May & October) on 5 night cruises to the Bahamas.

Neither of these lines offer all-inclusive pricing packages.

The only alcohol-inclusive pricing I know of is on some ultra-deluxe cruise lines ...

That's an awfully tall order. Not that many lines depart from Charleston; not that many include liquor; and I don't know if there are any that do both; plus it would have to be on the right date to work for a honeymoon.

Is she aware of how much extra she is going to have to pay to cruise on one of the ultra-deluxe lines that include liquor? She'd have to drink an awful lot to make up the difference in fare. I'd think she'd have better things to do on her honeymoon than get sloshed all the time.;)

Sounds like she needs to consult with a knowledgeable TA. She might prefer an all-inclusive land vacation, once she finds out how much a liquor-included cruise will cost.

cp556 has it exactly right. I used an exceptional search engine (which I can't mention, because it's on a travel agent's site) and the departures are Norwegian Majesty - late October to April to Caribbean, and October, November, May, June to Bermuda - and a single voyage by Carnival Victory each May and October to the Bahamas.

Okay for all you dedicated cruisers. My DD's good friend is getting married and wants to take a cruise for her honeymoon. She wants to depart out of Charleston and would like a cruise line that included alcohol in the package. Any suggestions? I am going to get her negotiating these boards next.

Thank you,

Linda (LHC)

Hi LHC,

I e-mailed your daughter this morning. All I could find was Carnival and NCL out of Charleston. I searched on one of the internet agency's that we can not mention on these boards. The months are limited. If they want to cruise right after their wedding than they need to pick a month that corresponds with the cruise dates. Is this a young couple in their 20's? I do not think either line has an all inclusive alcohol package.

I sent all this info to Courtney. She is my daughter's age and this is a second marriage for her. They are paying for the wedding in Kiawah with just a few invited family members, the honeymoon, and then a reception at home after the honeymoon. There thought was to get an all inclusive and to know the cost and pay it up front and be done with it.

The suggestions from you guys and the forwards have been sent to her along with information about the all inclusives in Jamaica which seem a better deal for what they want. Couples and Sandals offer all inclusive and the wedding packages with excursions, massages, champagne, accommodations, food and liquor runs from $3000-3500.

I suggested keeping a cruise for a later day and then choosing a line and places to visit at the forefront of the decision.

Although if you had the money for a suite and used HAL what a ball (wrong use of the word, I meant fun) you could have on a Honeymoon.

Linda

Archived