First Cruise!

Ariels Twin

Hi everyone, i just found this site, and it's AWESOME! This will be my very first cruise, and although i have quite some time to go, i wanted to find out all there is to know! My mom is "planning" the cruise, but i am incharge of myself, DH (first timer as well) DD (5 when we go) and DS (3 when we go). My mom said we are probably going on the Destiny! Im ready for all the advice, so bring it on!

thanks so much everyone!

Hi everyone, i just found this site, and it's AWESOME! This will be my very first cruise, and although i have quite some time to go, i wanted to find out all there is to know! My mom is "planning" the cruise, but i am incharge of myself, DH (first timer as well) DD (5 when we go) and DS (3 when we go). My mom said we are probably going on the Destiny! Im ready for all the advice, so bring it on!

thanks so much everyone!

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Advice:

Do lots of research on CC - you have lots of time for that.

Enjoy the anticipation!!!

Payd:)

READ READ READ..especialy posts submitted by high number posters//clik on thir name, then show all posts..proceed into cruise info oblivion!..Since you have time, readng will be your best start-up..you will find facts you didnt know there were Q's for..look out for posters w/many cruises "under their lifevest"..and futures. Beauty/Fashion board is fun too!..you can save stress, $$, over packing, litle extras to and not to take. Google topics, and alot will site CC.com, and lead you to "cruising heaven"..loads of luck..lucky

Yes, it is an awesome site! When I was planning our first cruise it was invaluable!

I suggest reading recent reviews of the cruise you will be on and checking out the port of call boards for excursion ideas!

Have a great time - planning is almost as fun as actually cruising.

So true......I did not find it until we were planning our 3rd cruise :eek: !! I have learned - and am still learning so much. This is truly THE place to be when it comes to cruise information ;) .

We've been on the Destiny twice and love the ship. The only thing that might seem outdated on the ship is the colors they decorated with. A lot of mauve! Other than that, she's clean, big, and a whole lot of fun! Carnival is a good line to start with especially with children. They have an awsome program for children.

Welcome to CC as well as to cruising!

thanks so much everyone!

Welcome, Welcome and again Welcome!!

First of all, I will have to agree totally with everyone else you will become addicted to cruising and to Cruise Critic! Once I discovered it, its the first thing I do once I get to work every morning. The Destiny was my very first cruise and it was the best. Although I have never cruised before, it was all I expected and more. I had nothing to compare the ship to but as far as I could see there weren't any problems. The ports we visited, the staff, the food .... I could go on and on :D . Everything was wonderful.

I see that you will be cruising with your children. I will be taking my children on their first cruise in 2009 and they can hardly wait. I am constently checking these boards and they have been full of information when it comes to cruising with your kids. I think any question that you can possibly have, can be answered here. Sometimes I don't post anything but I just love reading others. So be prepared to want to cruise again and you will soon become a Cruise Critic addict :) .

Welcome! I took my first cruise on the Destiny last year. When my DW and I decided to go on a cruise, we were overwhelmed with choices and didn't know one thing about cruising. Thanks to this site, making a decision was much easier.

The Destiny is a nice ship. Sure, it's evident that it's an older ship but it's still fun. Enjoy!

Welcome to you. I am new to cruising myself. Actually have not been yet. Booked for 11/12/07. This sight has been SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO helpful for info and the people have been so kind.

You never know the answer to a question till you ask it.

Enjoy all your research & again welcome.

Archived