Camp Carnival

Maddie444

I read that you have to be a least 2 yrs. old to do the Camp Carnival thing.(Leave your child with the councilors)

My daughter will be traveling with her 22 month old, will she be able to use the play room if she is with her daughter? I hope so. Looks like there would be a lot of nice play things for a 22 onth old to play with. Doesn't seem fair if she can't.

Thanks

Maddie

Whats not fair? It states 2 years an older.This is as organized activity and your daughter being there will probably be a distraction or possibly not even allowed.There are certain cleaning rituals they do often never mind other kids seeing someones mommy there and theirs is not.

Steve

True..........But they should have some kind of playroom or area for children younger that 2 yrs, old. They pay a hefty fare to be on this cruise and I think they (under 2) should have something for them to play with.

On The Paradise last year they had certain hours of the day where the playroom was open for children under 2 while their parents supervised. My daughter loved it and it gave her a chance to work off some energy.

I think there are some mornings, possibly on port days, that the playroom is open for younger children. Children under two can also take part in the late night babysitting after 10pm. They will put out pillows and blankets for bedtime, and show a movie. If children are not potty trained, parents need to provide diapers and wipes. The babysitting fee is $6.00 per hour for the first child, with reduced fees for other children in the same family.

On Sensation last week the playroom was open to under 2's from noon to 2 (closed to everyone else). I believe this was a paid babysitting thing but not sure. I am sure , though, that it ws closed to anyone over 2 during those hours.

Your daughter may have some trouble getting the 22 month registered.

When you sign up for Camp Carnival the first night, they require the age of the child. The camp has the age and details from the manifest, so cheating by putting down a different date will probably not work.

Her best bet would be to talk to the head counsellor at the registration. Depending on how many kids they have in the 2-5 group, they may make an exception. Only being 2 months off is not much.

Also, parents are not allowed into the playroom. This is strictly enforced.

Someone else mentioned that there are play areas near the kids pool. We saw this as well.

Good luck.

This is the policy from Carnival's website:

Program for infants, ages 4 months-23 months Hours on Sea Days. Infants under 24 months (2 years) may not participate in any scheduled activities taking place in Camp Carnival. THERE ARE NO AGE EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY.

Babysitting is provided for infants, nightly, from 10:00pm to 3:00am. There is a charge for this service (see "Babysitting").

Hours on Port Days: Care for infants is considered "Babysitting". There is a charge for this service (see "Babysitting"). On port day mornings, infant care begins 15 minutes prior to the first scheduled ship tour to 12:00 noon, or port day afternoons until 6:00pm (for ships arriving in port after noon time).

Thank you all so much for the information.

Thats what I wanted to know if there were any playtime for the younger ones. I knew she wouldn't be able to regester with camp canaveral. Just a little play time to release some energy!!:D With mothers supervision, of course.

Free play which is parent supervised no charge use of the play area is from noon to 2 p.m. daily for under 2. It will be closed to all others. Also during port days from morning till about 2 is paid babysitting and also 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. We are also parents who paid a premium to cruise with our under two daughter but we wanted to cruise so we did. You will have use of the children's pool and little tyke type playhouses right outside of camp. Tell your daughter to enjoy and give her daughter a taste of camp she'll love it even more when she is two.

Archived