So...You Western Glory Cruisers for this Fall

TwinMom7

...do you know where the heck you're going?

I know that this current week, they are supposedly sailing to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport.

Is this just a week to week thing at this point?

I've read on other posts where cruisers sailing six months AFTER me have received an email from Carnival regarding their itineray changes. BUT, they're NOT sailing on the Glory. Are we the only ones being kept in the "dark"?

I'm on the Glory 10/20 and we have not received any official word of our itinerary. I know that a guy on the boards here that cruised earlier got handed their itinerary at check-in. On Cruisecal.com it lists our sailing itinerary as Cozumel, Belize, Progresso, Freeport, so who knows at this point!

There was (probably still is under news) an article here on Cruise Critic entitled "What's up with the Glory?" It seems those of us on this ship are operating on a need to know basis and we don't need to know right now, LOL!

Although I'd love to know where we're going to make some plans, I'll just be happy to be on board having a great time!

There was (probably still is under news) an article here on Cruise Critic entitled "What's up with the Glory?" It seems those of us on this ship are operating on a need to know basis and we don't need to know right now, LOL!

QUOTE]

Boy - is that just not the truth!!!

I'm wondering how accurate cruise cal is? It's funny, because the week you travel, it shows Progreso - but the Western sailing just prior and right after your sailing both show Roatan instead of Progreso. So...why are YOU special??

In fact, cruise cal shows Roatan all the way through the end of January.

As much as I love to PLAN ahead - I'll just sit back and wait for them to get their stuff together. At least it looks like we're getting Belize back. I'm not traveling until early April, so I've got time to ponder the situation.

You think maybe this is their way of "forcing" us to purchase Carnival excursions rather than booking with private companies?

Hello again everyone, Just thought I would hopefully give you some sort of help in not knowing where we are going on the glory. I just got through e-mailing the people at carnival golf. I'm sort of a golf nut you might say, and asked them if they knew of the itinerary that I would be sailing under on Nov.3rd, and they don't know either. So if your wondering about excursions and such you are/we are in a need to know loop(right now we don't need to know). The reason I'm saying this is that golf is one of the big ticket itineraries as far as excursions go on any cruise ship, so you would think they would let people know who might be golfers. My wife is a diver so you'd

think that they would let the divers of the world know too. While I understand that there are other itineraries out there Carnival isn't letting any of us know. So I don't think they know what they are doing with excursions.

It seems that the glory is the only ship that doesn't know where its going?

I toyed with going on a mystery cruise before but now it looks like I am on one. Carnival apparently does not know yet where my cruise in January will be going - just not to Costa Maya. We have a group of 18 family members, mostly first time cruisers. Not one of them cares where we are going!! Sept 22, Glory was bound for Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Freeport. I could live with that. I was sort of hoping we would get Nassau back as my daughters want to check out Atlantis Hotel. And, for their sakes, I wanted Grand Cayman instead of Roatan. But, hey, I don't get to vote. I have all the air now and have no interest in changing everything.

well i would certainly like to know something! I am going with a group of over 100 people. It is a charity function and we will be planning excursions to auction off to help raise money for the cause. It would really be helpful to know where we were going in advance! I hope they release some news soon!

I emailed Carnival a few days ago, nicely asking about our itinerary. No response yet.

I'd like to book excursions as well, but guess we'll have to wait.

I can't help but hear my mother's voice in my ear, "Patience is a virtue..." :p

At this point I'm no longer worrying about it -- most of the mentioned ports would be nice, in one way or another. I'm just surprised that Carnival seems to think it's okay to not contact us, as paying customers, and say something like:

"Due to the hurricane damage to Costa Maya, we are exploring alternate ports and judging our guests' reactions to them. In addition, we are attempting to reserve berthing spots at these ports. We regret not having all the information at this time, but appreciate your patience as we work to make your cruise experience the best possible."

Hey, Carnival, if you're listening, you have my permission to cut and paste that, and send it to all of us. At least show us the respect of some kind of explanation:rolleyes:

Inquiring minds want to know... :D

I called Glory yesterday; still no itenerary for our 10/6 sailing. I asked if there was a problem with the ship itself but she said no problem. Key West is still showing us there on 10/7 on the Key West cruise ship calendar.

Hey.....come on over and post on our 10/6 roll call.

Judy

I called Glory yesterday; still no itenerary for our 10/6 sailing. I asked if there was a problem with the ship itself but she said no problem. Key West is still showing us there on 10/7 on the Key West cruise ship calendar.

Just wanted to weigh in w/ Judy - and invite you over to our Roll Call! Roll Call members are posting any info they get from their TAs, PVPs, etc, as soon as they get it. Yesterday, we heard our itinerary may include Nassau instead of Freeport (we had heard Freeport instead of Nassau earlier) . . . so come over and join us as we all find out about our "mystery cruise."

And hey BFF - see you are trying to gather info this morning, too! LOL! How desperate we are for a definite itinerary!

Ani

It's now evident that you can't rely on the port calendars either. The website http://www.cruisecal.com shows every ship and where it's scheduled to be in the incoming weeks.

The same day that the Key West calendar is showing you being there - cruise cal is showing the Glory at Sea with the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport itinerary.

Just hard to understand with all the ships that Carnival has - why the Glory is still so "up in the air"?

It's now evident that you can't rely on the port calendars either. The website http://www.cruisecal.com shows every ship and where it's scheduled to be in the incoming weeks.

The same day that the Key West calendar is showing you being there - cruise cal is showing the Glory at Sea with the Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Freeport itinerary.

Just hard to understand with all the ships that Carnival has - why the Glory is still so "up in the air"?

I have really wondered about this, too, and thought - Is it b/c Glory is a "Conquest" class ship and requires special docking b/c of its size? This is just my guess - forgive my nautical ignorance, LOL!!!! Does someone out there know if this is the reason?

Ani

well i would certainly like to know something! I am going with a group of over 100 people. It is a charity function and we will be planning excursions to auction off to help raise money for the cause. It would really be helpful to know where we were going in advance! I hope they release some news soon!

Which charity are you doing the fund raiser for? My group would be intersted in the auction. We love to help out good causes!!

Which sailing of the glory are you on?

Archived