Miracle Catagory 5A Obstructed ?????'s

gupebreedr

Howdy all,

I'd like to start out by saying I'm a newbie to this board and have really found it very helpful. Thanks for a great site and everyone's imput.

My question is regarding Cat. 5A cabins. I'm really not concerned about views but can you at least see enough to determine the weather conditions? Is there enough room to at least stick your head out. I'm travelling on the

Miracle in January and there is one smoker in our group and was hoping he will be able to smoke without gassing the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,

Gupebreedr in Florida

countdown.pl?name=gupebreedr&date=1-26-2008&image=vfin&text=&ship=Carnival Miracle

If you book one of the 5A's that are between the lifeboats (i.e. 4148), you will actually have a pretty good view.:D

Hey that was my cabin .... I want it back!!!!!

Seriously... we had 6 cabins in that hall and I know 4148 and 4132 were between lifeboats and had views.... the rest would work for what you are looking for....

Yes you will know the weather, and as others have said you will have a view, although it is obstructed.

As for smoking on the balcony in an attempt to keep it out of the cabin...I don't think you can get out and close the doors.

Payd:)

Howdy all,

I'd like to start out by saying I'm a newbie to this board and have really found it very helpful. Thanks for a great site and everyone's imput.

My question is regarding Cat. 5A cabins. I'm really not concerned about views but can you at least see enough to determine the weather conditions? Is there enough room to at least stick your head out. I'm travelling on the

Miracle in January and there is one smoker in our group and was hoping he will be able to smoke without gassing the rest of us.

Thanks in advance,

Gupebreedr in Florida

I have a TON of pictures of my 5A stateroom 4152 from my 9/16-9/24 cruise. Just leave me your email or a way to send them to you and they're yours. This goes for anyone.

I had an obstructed view and I would have rather had an inside cabin. I would have saved the money and had the same view. I'll never do that again.

Maybe that's my opinion, but obstructed view cabins are always disappointing. Looked out once, said "***** is this" and never looked out again.

I have a TON of pictures of my 5A stateroom 4152 from my 9/16-9/24 cruise. Just leave me your email or a way to send them to you and they're yours. This goes for anyone.

Thank you so much for the offer to send pictures of your 5A cabin. I would surely like to see it.

Also, thanks to all those that responded. You help is greatly appreciated. I have booked the cruise and have cabin 4131.

It's funny, the 5A cabin was cheaper then most of the inside cabins.

Thanks again for your responses,:)

gupebreedr@aol.com

ARGH change your cabin now! That was my cabin in June and the AC doesnt work worth a darn. I have some picture of the Miracle here http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560798666EyyFMd and it shoes several of the cabin. Im so glad we bought a fan. It was a quiet cabin, you couldnt see throught lifeboats only down. If you are ok with lukewarm air you will do fine :)

Also make sure NOT to have your cabin door and the french doors open at the same time as it creates a crazy wind tunnel effect and the fornt cabin doors SLAMS shut , watch your finers. Also one side of the doors will stay open but the other side you need to kind of wrap the curtain on the handle to keep them open

My DD & I were in a 5A on the Miracle's sister ship, the Legend, in August. The cabins are great for getting some natural light into the room. We also got our cabin for the same price as a 4A--to me it was a no brainer--why not have a little natural light for the same money (or less than some of the inside cabins)? On the deck plans, it looks like your cabin is not fully obstructed and may have at least a partial view!

We found it was pretty difficult to get the french door open very far, one of the beds was in the way and it was pretty hard to pull the door open. I wouldn't have been comfortable putting my head out--I would have worried I might lose my grip on the door and my head! :D I think it would probably work for creating enough of a draft to pull smoke out of the room, though. We didn't have any problem on the Legend with the a/c--it worked just fine.

Here are some 5A pictures from the Miracle from Webshots. You can see the difference in those with completely obstructed views and those that are between the lifeboats.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344241901070127580KmeWOQ

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2517060230095049190MEGfGH

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344241998070127580MXbIkM

Have a great cruise! :)

I had an obstructed view and I would have rather had an inside cabin. I would have saved the money and had the same view. I'll never do that again.

Maybe that's my opinion, but obstructed view cabins are always disappointing. Looked out once, said "***** is this" and never looked out again.

I booked during the free upgrade deal, otherwise I wouldnt have got a 5a. It was cheaper than a 1a so We booked it, but I wouldnt pay more for it.

Fred I didnt notice any grease smell, but maybe I was too busy wishing the Ac would work

As for smoking on the balcony in an attempt to keep it out of the cabin...I don't think you can get out and close the doors.

That is correct. There is no "balcony", rather it is a door that opens with a railing half way up. I suppose you could hang out across the railing and puff away, which is better than nothing, but you'll be staring at the side of a lifeboat in most cases. Instead, the smoker in your group may want to consider going down one deck (the one you'll be looking at if you look down from your "balcony") to do their business.

we were in 4154 in august. sorry we did not take any picture. we did see some water and was able to detimine the weather. Thanks to solo1959, it is the same exact room. Some rooms are obstructed views with little obstruction. If its a good price, go for i./

Beware- you may find people walking outside on the catwalk,lol

Here are 66 pictures of my 5A cabin 4152 on the Miracle. They are posted on webshots because there was no way I was able to email them. They have room, bathroom, and view from french door pictures here. If you have ANY questions at all, please ask

http://community.webshots.com/album/560848896SyrbHR

I've gotta tell ya, yours are the kind of pictures we all pray to see when we are planning a cruise. Even though I am not sailing the Miracle at this time, your pictures gave great information. Thanks.

Thanks so very much to all for your input and pictures. It is greatly appreciated. I've just completed my booking and deposit so it looks like I'm going. Hoooray! :D Changed cabin to 4139. Has anyone ever been upgraded from this catagory?

Lastly, anyone else sailing on the 1/26/08 departure?

Thanks again for the assistance

Rob

Thanks so much for the info. Wow, those are some detailed photos. They are great. Seeing all the photos really gives you an idea of the room.:)

LOL, I have this little OCD thing going on. These are the pictures I wanted to look at before I took the cruise, just to get in the mood. I figured somebody else might appreciate some of them. I posted all of them, hope there wasn't too much overload. I have towel pet pix, but haven't finished them yet.

we were in 4154 in august. sorry we did not take any picture. we did see some water and was able to detimine the weather. Thanks to solo1959, it is the same exact room. Some rooms are obstructed views with little obstruction. If its a good price, go for i./

4154 is right next door. It is indeed the identical room. I was so happy with it. I was in a similar room on the Pride a few years ago and wanted it again on the Miracle. I am so glad I got it.

I've gotta tell ya, yours are the kind of pictures we all pray to see when we are planning a cruise. Even though I am not sailing the Miracle at this time, your pictures gave great information. Thanks.

I tried to get every angle ( I think you can see that). I missed a couple though. The biggest one I missed is the night table beside the bed. I wanted to show that it is just the right size for storing my CPAP machine during the day and keeping it out of the way. I thought I took that picture, but I don't know what happened.

You are very welcome.

I kept the doors propped open with the corner of the bed (No place to use bungee cord). One morning I heard voices. People were working inside the lifeboat right by the open window next to the bed I was sleeping in. (I have a lot of pix of that as well). Another morning somebody was using a hose to spray something and I was getting wet. So, yes, be careful.

Archived