sailboat charter

michmike

• 4 weeks later...

No responses?, Oh darn.

Was hoping to get a few tips here.

We are planning on the Barefoot Cruising tour with a few other couples in Dec this year, and wanted to hear a few favorable (ok, and unfavorable) responses. We've never been on a sailboat before, nor any smaller vessel than a cruiseship on the ocean before.

Well, maybe I'll put a review here after we return.

we used barefoot sailing when we were in Nassau last week and were well pleased. Had a private charter for 10 of us (they can accommodate up to 14). Cost was $790 for 4 hrs, plus we tipped the crew a little over 15% and they provided a nice lunch of fruit, sub sandwiches, chips, candy bars and choice of water, lemonade, fruit punch or iced tea for an addtnl $15 per person. Or w/o lunch those same beverages are available at no charge.

Thye also have beer and pop available for purchase and they served complimentary rum punch on the sail back in.

They picked us up in a van just outside the cruise terminal and brought us back there when we were done.

We motored out to a snorkeling spot, spent about an hour there and had lunch and then sailed back in to some Jimmy Buffett tunes. Was a great way to spend the day and I'd recommend them.

And for the ladies in the crowd, yes there were 2 bathrooms onboard.

Don't have the contact info with me here at work but you can google them or post back here and I will check at home and post the contact info here.

One addtnl note. They don't take credit cards, so deposit has to be either via paypal or a bank transfer and balance has to be paid the day of in cash or travelers checks.

Archived