Claiming luggage

irishgram

Your luggage should be through-tagged to Barcelona. If this is done, it will be automatically transferred at Heathrow so you don't need to do anything about this at Heathrow.

Similarly, you do not need to clear immigration at Heathrow. All you will need to do is be security screened.

When you arrive at Terminal 3, follow the signs for Flight Connections Terminal 2. Initially, this may be lumped together with other terminals, but that's the terminal that you need for an Iberia-operated flight. You will be taken by bus from T3 to the Flight Connections Centre, where you will be taken up to the top level for security screening. You should already have your boarding pass for the Iberia flight, but if for some reason you don't you can pick one up from the transfer desks immediately beyond security. Then follow the signs for Terminal 2, which will take you down one level and then point you to the corridor through which you walk to get to the main T2 departures area.

I will be flying from Washington to Heathrow on Virgin Atlantic, I will then be catching a flight with British Airways to Rome. I know since they are two different airlines and two different tickets my luggage will have to be checked in by me. My question though is when I arrive at Heathrow do I have to go to immigration, I am confused since I know I have to pick up my luggage from Virgin Atlantic, change terminals and check in with British Airways. Hope you understand what I am getting at, really totally confused.

You will arrive at Terminal 3. You will have to clear immigration, so you'll need to follow the signs for arrivals. Immigration is the first step, then you go downstairs to the baggage hall to get your bags. Then you will clear customs and exit landside.

You'll then need to transfer to your departure terminal to check-in for the BA flight. You don't say when you're flying, and some of the details have not yet been published, so you may need to go to T1, or T5 or even stay in T3. (The big moves at LHR start at the end of March 2008 and will go on, in phases, for about six months.)

Thank you for your help, you always come through for me with these international questions. I will be flying in on November 14th, morning 7:00 a.m. and flying out on BA at 12:30, took your advice and booked the noon flight.

Thank you again

Archived