galaxy-retractable roof

gennadi

I will on a late November cruise to the Med on the Galaxy (Nov 24, 2007)and I wonder if the swimming pool with the retractable roof will be functioning in the colder weather. If the roof is closed is it like an indoor pool? Also, are my children allowed to use this pool?

We were on the Spring TA on the Galaxy. The roof was always in the closed position. I think someone posted that it was inoperable. That was fine with me because I found it to be too cold out by the main pool. If children were not allowed in that area, it was not enforced on our cruise, but then there were very few children on the TA and the ones who were there were very well behaved. As one of the other posters said, VERY few people actually got into the pool.

We were on the Spring TA on the Galaxy. The roof was always in the closed position. I think someone posted that it was inoperable. That was fine with me because I found it to be too cold out by the main pool. If children were not allowed in that area, it was not enforced on our cruise, but then there were very few children on the TA and the ones who were there were very well behaved. As one of the other posters said, VERY few people actually got into the pool.
The roof was fixed at the begining of the year. We talked with Captain Lekkas about it and he even opened the roof for us to prove it worked. Kids are allowed in the area, how are you going to keep them away from the pizza station. They are not supposed to be in the pool though.

Indoor pools are adults-only.

There is a children's pool aft on Vista Deck (9), outside the Fun Factory.

Sorry, but that's not true. Children are not allowed in the indoor pools on M-Class ships (T-Pools), but they are allowed in the indoor pools on C-Class ships as long as they are out off diapars. Galaxy is a C-Class ship, and children are welcome in that little pool. My 4-year-old niece swam in the indoor pool on Mercury last week. It was absolutely allowed.

In late June the sliding roof was working - this was during the very hot weather. I blogged about it here (briefly):

http://tomtotley.wordpress.com/2007/06/25/day-3-a-day-at-sea/

With the roof closed it's a warm spot. Can get a bit muggy, though.

There were certainly children playing in the Oasis pool on that cruise; indeed, I think I only ever saw children & not adults in it. Not many children, and not shouting/yelling/running/splashing, just two or three chatting, paddling & swimming ( a bit).

Is the Thallasotherapy pool the one with the retractable roof? I was not asking about the pool on the open deck. I know that is free.

The Thallasotherapy pool on Galaxy is located in the spa - forward deck 11. It is free for suite pax and elite CC; they charge a fee to all others.

The oasis pool with retractable roof (aft deck 11) is free to all.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived