Iron?

Mschif78

You are not supposed to bring irons onboard. They are a safety hazard. There are irons and ironing boards in the laundry room though. I pressed all of our clothes and carefully folded everything using a shirt packer I found on magellans, and we only had to go find the laundry room once during the entire cruise.

Do they have irons/ironing boards in the room? Do I have to bring one? Is that even allowed? I know my husbands shirt and pants are going to be all wrinkled....

Kerry

On most Carnival ships there is one guest-use laundry room on each of the stateroom decks. (I've heard that is not ALWAYS the case) You are not allowed to bring on an iron, but there is an iron and ironing board in the laundry room. Discovering when it is not in use can be the biggest problem.

We have found that our clothes STEAMER has been allowed, however, and it works pretty well on most of our clothes. Also useful on many things are those spray-on wrinkle releasers (where you spray it on and then "tug" the material straight).

Have fun!

Oh good idea about that wrinkle spray, thanks!!!!

We use wrinkle spray and hang items on door when we take a shower - helps a lot. Otherwise, we have found using the onboard iron was something we had to do after dinner, in prep for the following day, as the iron/ironing board seemed to always be in use prior to dinner. Ironing at 10 pm is not my idea of fun . . .

I might be doing something wrong with the spray because my wrinkles wont come out:(

It doesn't work on all materials... test a spot first. After you spray, smooth out the wrinkles and then hang to "dry"... also, on more stubborn or sensitive fabrics, I will hang them in the bathroom while I am showering, that helps too...

I might be doing something wrong with the spray because my wrinkles wont come out:(

I use the Downey Wrinkle Release here at home, and it works beautifully for everything. Just lay the fabric down on a smooth surface, lightly spray, and immediately smooth the sprayed area w/your hand. Wrinkles come right out. (I just did a new window curtain yesterday....15 seconds and it was done.)

Archived