Journey 11/29 Price Cut

MMastell

I just saw that my 11/29 Journey, South America cruise has been drastically cut in price. I got on the phone with my T/A and she was able to get the new fare. She did and our price was reduced by $600 per person. Our final payment went in on 9/20.

That is NICE!!!!!!!

If you are on this cruise, I suggest you do the same. The price cuts are across the board.

This is one great thing about RCI, they do a great job in honoring price reductions, AFTER final payment. Other cruise lines aren't so "nice".

Take care,

Mike

Good information. Sorry I can't participate.

Does this mean that Azamara taken the industry by storm as intended?

I have seen a few other sales listed.

I think it takes time to establish a new brand. No one has heard of Azamara. When I mention it to friends they have a quizzical look.

I just saw that my 11/29 Journey, South America cruise has been drastically cut in price. I got on the phone with my T/A and she was able to get the new fare. She did and our price was reduced by $600 per person. Our final payment went in on 9/20.

That is NICE!!!!!!!

If you are on this cruise, I suggest you do the same. The price cuts are across the board.

This is one great thing about RCI, they do a great job in honoring price reductions, AFTER final payment. Other cruise lines aren't so "nice".

Take care,

Mike

That is great Mike. I am not going on that sailing but it was good to see your post. We cruised together a few years ago on Island Princess.

I was on the Journey a few weeks ago and had a great time. Also got a very good price including onboard credits.

we've been seeing deals for the November and March sailings for a while but none for the prime months of JAnuary and February., 2008. Of course we sail in February and in fact, I've seen the price's increase even tho there appears to still have many rooms available. Comments from TAs ?

• 2 weeks later...

MMastell,

We saw your post and followed your path. Would not have known otherwise. Perhaps the TA should have caught it but no matter.

We are also on the 29th cruise and would very much like to catch up with you onboard

Hank and Betsy

I'm sure it just depends on how a particular sailing is selling. We have watched our Dec. 2008 sailing on the Quest go up in price 3 times is six weeks. It is now selling for $1,000 per person more than we paid. Some categories have sold out. That makes you feel good about going ahead and booking...

Andy, still over a year away...

Mike ...your topic....

That is NICE!!!!!!!

Mike......I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the RCI policy. I am a diamond member of the RCI society. We booked a cruise to Bermuda, with two cabins this summer. TWO DAYS after I paid for it, I got an email from RCI with discounts on the cruise. The total discount for us would have been $1350. After repeated emails and phone calls from myself and my TA, the RCI policy was that "I had very poor timing". I was never nasty or condescending in my contacts with them. One of the emails I received from Customer service went to the point to say that if my local store sold me an item, then it went on sale the next week, the store would never give me back the money. I followed that comment up be sending an email with copies from 3 local chains that said if an item ever was offered for less in the 30 days following a purchase, they would refund the difference. Guess what...Never heard a thing from that email.

RCI has lost a cruiser that averaged 3-4 cruises a year mostly in upper end cabins. I am happy to now sail on Oceania, and will not miss RCI.

Mike

dkbustr wrote:

TWO DAYS after I paid for it, I got an email from RCI with discounts on the cruise. The total discount for us would have been $1350. After repeated emails and phone calls from myself and my TA, the RCI policy was that "I had very poor timing".

Was the email "sale/discount" for "new bookings" only? If so, No, they will not honor the discount BUT, if on their website, it shows a price drop, even after final payment, they have ALWAYS honored the price drop.

I am not on the Nov 29 South America sailing, but the one on Nov 11. Since our "final payment" there have been two price drops, one for $320 and one I took advantage of just last week that saved us an additional $500. I have our sailing on a shortcut on my desk top and check the price at least once a day. I will continue to check the price until we leave.

There have been other times on both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity where I have seen price drops on the website, called, and was immediately credited. I'm sorry it did not work out in your case.

Archived