Dinning room dress code

Bolaine

As a first time cruiser, I need to know.

Other than "Formal Night" what is the dress code in the dinning room. :confused:

From the Carnival website.

spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

As a first time cruiser, I need to know.

Other than "Formal Night" what is the dress code in the dinning room. :confused:

Breakfast and Lunch are casual in the dining room - shorts, t-shirts, tennis shoes, but never bathing suits.

I read what carnival says about the dress code on the website, but it doesn't say anything about jeans. I am planning on wearing mostly skirts on the non-formal night, but my fiance wants to know if he can wear nice jeans and either a button up shirt or polo shirt. Would this be acceptable attire for non-formal nights???

I read what carnival says about the dress code on the website, but it doesn't say anything about jeans. I am planning on wearing mostly skirts on the non-formal night, but my fiance wants to know if he can wear nice jeans and either a button up shirt or polo shirt. Would this be acceptable attire for non-formal nights???

Jeans in the DR is a very hot topic around here. Since it doesn't say "no jeans", technically you can wear them but I don't. Many will though. On the non formal nights I would wear nice capris with a nice top or a pantsuit and my hubby would wear dockers and a golf or button down shirt.

Tell him to wear what he feels comfortable in. Nice jeans and a polo is fine.

Enjoy your cruise.

Absolutely! Have a wonderful cruise!

It is a hot button topic because:

Some say if Carnival wanted you to wear jeans...they would say so.

Other say if Carnival did not want you to wear jeans...they would say so.

Sorry but the "comfortable" factor in today's fashion world of khakis just does not cut it any more. No one can say that hot blue jeans in the Carribean are going to be more comfortable that cool light khaki fabrics.

It boils down to a matter of respect. Loyal Carnival cruisers who don't want Carnival to be all about blue jeans, rednecks and bubbas work hard to salvage what they see as the last vestage of "formal dining" (hence the name of the dining room).

There is a reason this topic is not a hot button on Cunard.

Why do people think jeans are "redneck"??? Jeans that are clean with no holes can be much more expensive than a pair of dockers. I wear jeans all the time when not working and wouldn't consider myself a "redneck". I mean, jeans are not okay but a golf shirt is? I think a man in a nice pair of jeans and a nice button down shirt looks hot...not "redneck". Jeans do not determine whether you have class or not...that would be your demeanor.

Why do people think jeans are "redneck"??? Jeans that are clean with no holes can be much more expensive than a pair of dockers. I wear jeans all the time when not working and wouldn't consider myself a "redneck". I mean, jeans are not okay but a golf shirt is? I think a man in a nice pair of jeans and a nice button down shirt looks hot...not "redneck". Jeans do not determine whether you have class or not...that would be your demeanor.

They are not. Some people are just stereotyping. They don't know the difference:)

It is a hot button topic because:

Some say if Carnival wanted you to wear jeans...they would say so.

Other say if Carnival did not want you to wear jeans...they would say so.

Sorry but the "comfortable" factor in today's fashion world of khakis just does not cut it any more. No one can say that hot blue jeans in the Carribean are going to be more comfortable that cool light khaki fabrics.

It boils down to a matter of respect. Loyal Carnival cruisers who don't want Carnival to be all about blue jeans, rednecks and bubbas work hard to salvage what they see as the last vestage of "formal dining" (hence the name of the dining room).

There is a reason this topic is not a hot button on Cunard.

AMEN!

"Dressy" is the operative word in "dressy shorts"....

It's one thing women's fashion has over men's. For women, there actually can be such things as dressy shorts....it depends so much on the cut and the fabric! It is not unusual to see "dressy" jeans, IMO -- on women. They might be studded with rhinestones or something, worn with a blouse in a sumptuous fabric and high heels; I've seen outfits like this on cruise ships that look better than some of the "stuff" you see on the Red Carpet at Hollywood awards shows! But men....it just isn't the same for you guys! So far, I haven't seen a man wearing a pair of jeans studded with rhinestones! (Thanks be to God! *L*)

Well, I've only been on the boards for a little while, and I've already read just about every view that exists on "what to wear while dining on Carnival."

So, I'm going to go off-topic and ask the OP about her ECS! I have two (both old and retired CH). Used to go to lots of shows but rarely go these days. I'd rather spend my time and traveling money on cruises.

Anyway, nice looking dogs!

Well, I've only been on the boards for a little while, and I've already read just about every view that exists on "what to wear while dining on Carnival."

So, I'm going to go off-topic and ask the OP about her ECS! I have two (both old and retired CH). Used to go to lots of shows but rarely go these days. I'd rather spend my time and traveling money on cruises.

Anyway, nice looking dogs!

Thank you for your comments on my ECS.

The orange is Copper. He took three winners dog in Atlanta, Ga. this past

weekend. The blue is Lady. We have not shown her..

They are DW's dogs.

Sorry I started all this debate.

Let The Count Down Continue.....

Bob

Archived