Sept 15th review

DebbieB

I mostly read the boards but felt compelled to write a short review of our JOURNEY

Myself, husband and 2 friends all about age 50 sailed on our 3rd Celebrity cruise and we felt mixed about the ship and cruise.

I'll start with cons:

average age was about 65-this didn't bother us too much but it was very tame and basically the night life was almost nonexistant

Our first dinner in Aqualina was very mediocre....cold food, slow service-awful!! I was shocked. The chef came out and we gave constructive advice

He seemed very anxious to hear all of our comments.

Desserts were just OK and at times I could't eat a few-this is very strange for a supposedly deluxe line. On that note, this ship was a bit below the other celebrity cruises we were previously on.

we were in SS 8060 and although very nice and quite large there was a vibration when the ship was at sea. The bed actually shook and vibrated most of the time and I realized that we were right below the smoke stack...next time we'll be more careful when choosing room location.Our friends were in 8003 and they said it was fine.

The entertainment was sad. Noodles the comedian was good one night but was not as funny on the last night. magician was entertaining. Tozer (singer, piano player)was not good at all, and I felt embarassed for him.

Pros:

liked the intinate feeling and no lines anywhere!

Suite was very comfortable

Crew was amazing!

Cruise director was fabulous

Prime C was excellent

no "roving"photohrapher being annoying

Great shore excursions-well run(sunset sail was amazing)

that's it! Bermuda was beautiful!! all in all we had fun.

Appreciate your candid review. Sad to hear of non existent nightlife. Will be sailing on 9/29 and will come to our own conclusions.

Hi Grandsix !

Have a wonderful time on Journey. Having met you on past sailings, I know you will give us a most informative review. I look forward to hearing about your sailing. Bon Voyage !

Archived