Caribbean cruises in the summer!

sbh314

Summer is the only convenient time for my parents, brother and I (since I'm in college and my stepdad works for a school district) to go on vacation together. There are practically NO options for Caribbean cruises next summer! I was hoping and praying for a Celebrity cruise next summer, but there's nothing besides Canada and Europe cruises!

There are Caribbean cruises during the summer, look at Carnival, Royal Caribbean, NCL, and Princess.

Many lines have limited number of ships and as summer is the best time to sail Alaska and Europe (and they can make a lot more money on those sailings than Caribbean sailings), many lines move all their ships to those ports during the summer. But there are still options.

We've done the Princess and RCL ones...Not extremely pleased with either of them (We're huge Celebrity fans).

NCL itineraries don't look great at all, and I've heard poor reviews about Carnvial.

I guess I'm a little picky :p

Well, having sailed on Carnival (8), Royal Caribbean (3), Celebrity (1), Holland America (1), Norwegian (3), Princess (1) and now defunct Seawind Crown. I have to say that the newer ships on Carnival have a lot to offer. I eewven think the food is better on Carnival than Royal Caribbean. I have heard that Celebrity's food has gone down since Royal Caribbean took over. (I have not sailed them since, so I do not know for certain).

If you decide to try Carnival - sail on one of the newer ships, like the Carnival Legend, Miracle, Glory, Valor and Conquest. These will be in the Caribbean over the summer. We feel that CCL is growing up with the rest of us Baby Boomers. What ever you decide - go with an open mind and not so judgemental ( I was judgemental when we sailed on Seawind Crown. I kept seeing faults, but it turned out to be one of my favorites).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived