Ft. Lauderdale - Bass Pro Shop

irishmom

We're staying at the Renaissance pre-cruise and DH would love to hit the big Bass Pro Shop. We won't have a car, so what's our best bet for transportation. Any public transportation available, or is a cab the way to go?

Yes, there is a bus system. maps and lots of details can be found at http://www.broward.org/bct

I downloaded the system map and blew it up to check the area where the bass pro shop is. It APPEARS that buses would take you to that area, but not to the door. You MIGHT end up walking a fair ways. There is a info phone number 954 357 8400.

Now I am NOT from the area-but just to let you know you can't tell the good safe areas from the not quite so safe areas on a map. Someone reported that a hotel on Stirling Ave was in an area they woudln't have wanted to be walking in at night. The Bass Pro store looks like it is north of Stirling-so you couldn't be sure what type of area you might be walking in.

That being said, we are planning on using the bus system to do all our touring for 2 days pre cruise!

Hopefully someone from Fort Lauderdale will post and give you more info.

We took cabs everywhere pre-cruise and got a car post cruise. I noticed this Bass shop off 95. From the Renaissance, I would estimate maybe $20 each way. You could call the Renaissance and Bass shops and see if either would offer shuttle service.

Archived