Tour with Oscar Brown - Dec. 24-Galaxy

N&B

Have heard wonderful reviews about tours offered by Oscar Brown. I have contacted him and he has a tour of the Tortuguero Canal through the rain forest where you can see all wild life, then to a banana plantation, a city tour including a beach and a stop at one the highest parts of the city. He provides soft drinks along the tour. The cost is $45.00 pp. Anyone interested in joining us? We are a fun loving couple from Texas and non-smokers.

CMJFFE:

The price of the tour does include the canel ride. I understand that it covers everything except lunch or souveniers.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Nancy

Please let me know how I contact Oscar Brown. I along with my wife and three kids ages 6,almost 9 and 11 will be on the Horizon Cruise of March 25th and I would like to be able to book this in advance. Do you know for sure that he is reliable, entertaining and informative? Is his car air conditioned and did you give him a deposit and if so how much? Does he require a minimum amount of passengers to book? Thanks for info.

I read a review on this post by BasketLady who had done this tour this past spring. She had nothing but praise for him and his tour. Her post was under port of Cost Rica and was posted on April 29, 2004. Hope this helps.

Still looking for others to join me on Friday, December 24, 2004. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Mizzy,

Yes, Oscar is dependable, informative, honest, great smile, speaks great English should I go on? He waited for us for over 1 1/2 hours when our ship was late. He thought that two people from the Brilliance were on the same ship as we were. Our ship, the Splendour, was late getting out of Belize. We even met his sister and his daughters when we went on our tour in February. His Van does have AC and it is a newer vehicle. He is licensed as a tour guide with the government. That is very important as he has to keep his vehicle in good working order.

You can contact him by phone at 011 506 758 1881 Home

cell phone 011 506 350 6415

email cbrown@costarricense.cr

We had trouble getting an email back from him, so I picked up the phone and called him. Puerto Limon has problems with their email system at times. I have read that people have heard from him by email, so maybe the system is working better now. He does not require a deposit, nor does he require a certain amount of people to my knowledge. We paid him with cash at the end of our tour and gave him a tip because he did such a great job for us. He was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Tell him Colleen said howdy from Texas. You can email me at Colleen310@aol.com if you have any further questions. Please mention in the subject line that it is in reference to Oscar so I don't delete it as junk mail.

Colleen

• 1 month later...

Possieman:

Glad you and your family will be joining us on this wonderful tour. Looking forward to meeting you on the Galaxy.

Any others want to join also?

Sure hope the ship makes it to Grand Caymen. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...

We are also interested in zip lining with Oscar on 12.24 (Galaxy), did receive initial email about price and description, but have not heard back from my request to sign us up and what time to meet> Does anybody know what time he starts his tours?

Thanks Wendy & Ward

Archived