Really excited!

Rapunzal

Sorry we won't get to meet on our cruise. Maybe one day! Billionaires or whatever, if we are all on the same cruise that's cool - everyone has something special about them and interesting to say. I personally can't wait to meet my fellow passengers!

LOL Anne in England

Something that impresses me about Seabourn - you can order a full hot breakfast (with champagne, if you like) from room service even on the morning you disembark.

Yes! I appreciate that as well. On many mainstream lines they cut you off on that final morning with not so much as a cup of bad coffee! :mad: :rolleyes:

Rapunzal,

Congratulations on your 25th and so glad you are excited and looking forward to giving Seabourn a try. The General Information section at the back of the Seabourn Cruise Atlas gives a lot of information about what to expect and defines the dress codes. I checked out your itinerary and the first and last nights are usually casual. The first day is a sea day so that might be formal (I doubt Seabourn would have 2 formal nights on a 7-day Caribbean sailing) and the rest of the days will probably be elegant casual. The Yachts can be dressy so don't be surprised if men arrive for dinner in jacket and tie on the casual evenings. It is a personal preference of mine and others to dress for dinner as dining in the Restaurant on Seabourn is always an elegant affair.

By now, you should have received the voyage information booklet for your cruise. If not, it has your itinerary with the number of formal evenings specified, Guest Registration Form to be filled out and faxed to Seabourn. The preferred way is to fill the form out online as the information will be available for your next Seabourn cruise - keep an eye out for the countdown clock in the upprer right-hand side of the window as you have about 25 minutes to finish entering the information and click "Submit." If you don't, the system times you out and all input is lost. So if the phone rings, click Submit and finish entering the data later.

A transfer request form if you are doing your air and or hotel independently and desire a transfer to the ship is included. A "Let the Voyage Begin..." section describes life on board as well as including a suggested reading list of books to enhance your experience. Finally, is a section describing the shore excursions, prices and an assessment of the difficulty and exertion level required for each tour if mobility issures are a concern. You can reserve your your shore excursions online or book onboard with Seabourn or hire an independent contractor.

I find Seabourn sailors a cut above the rest. I think you will make friends quickly as you will find passengers with common interests and we tend to be a friendly lot. Finding an interesting person to talk to is never a problem on Seabourn. The attentive staff and crew will win you over right away as Seabourn really focuses on service while other lines focus on the hardware or the ships themselves. Most passengers become addicted to Seabourn in a few days. I was kind of slow in this area as it took me about a week to become addicted to Seabourn. :o

Welcome aboard and Bon Voyage! Blue skies, calm seas and gentle breezes on all your sailings! :)

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for all the great info, much appreciated :) We have received the Cruise Booklet from Seabourn which as you say is very detailed. We have one formal night and the rest casual, but I'm very pleased that guests still dress up! I love dressing up! and nice to be among like-minded people. I always remember going on our first cruise which was with a cruiseline beginning with P and there everyone was in their finery in the dining room and a couple appeared at the door dressed in shorts and baseball cap :eek: The Maitre'D had quite a time of explaining that he couldn't come in dressed as he was - it then became all very unpleasant!! I couldn't understand the mentality frankly.... so I'm really looking forward to the idea of dressing up on a nightly basis. Its also nice that if people don't want to do so there is an alternative for them too. Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise and look forward to your report.

Smiles from Anne in England ;)

Archived