How do I redeem my points?

cruise_lover

I know it has been asked before but I can't find the post. I want to redeem my RCL Credit Card points. How do I do this? If by phone - what is the number? And I recently purchased a Wine and Dine package worth $217.00 to be deliveried to our cabin for my sister's birthday. I only received 217 points for this purchase. Shouldn't I have received double points because I purchased this package from RCL?

The phone number is on the back of the credit card. I have never purchased items like you did, so I can't answer that. I would think since you purchased prior to the cruise, it just becomes a regular purchase and not a RC purchase.

Check your statement to see if your Wine & Dine said RCCL or Celebrity. I recently purchased shore excursions and didn't receive double credit for that reason. I've read on these boards that they haven't quite perfected cross referencing with with Celebrity yet, but if you call, they will give it to you. I never bothered, maybe that's what they are counting on.

I have had my seapass listed as "Navigator of the Seas" instead of RCCL, and didn't get double points. I just called, and next statement, they have me the double points. This time, it was listed as "Mariner of the Seas" and they did give me the double points. Guess they have learned the names of their ships!

do the points on the RCCL credit card also get redeemed for Celebrity? We are doing an X cruise after our Voyager one and since we are using the card for the first time and getting double points, we should have enough credits for a nice onboard credit on the X cruise. That would be a nice bonus.

Thanks for all your help. And, yes my Wine and Dine package is pre-ordered from the RCL Website (we going on the Voyager of the Seas). When I call I'll find out if I should get double points and let you all know what they told me.

Have a great weekend.

UPDATE:

First I spoke with Vicki at the redemption center and she said "YES" I should have received double points since my package was ordered through royalcaribbean.com and told me to call B of A. And, the charge on my statement does show the purchase being made through Royal Caribbean dot Com.

I spoke with a Ms. Brown at B of A and she is sending in a report to whoever (?) and asking them to correct the error so I can get my double point.

Everyone I spoke with was super nice. Ms. Brown even apologized for keeping me on hold for 15 minutes. I had to remind her that since she was the one who was helping me out that there was no need to apologized. I did not mind holding and would continue to hold as long as necessary.

THANKS AGAIN everyone. Now all I have to do is decided how and if I am going to use my pitiful 6,000 points on this cruise for a $50.00 OBC or hold off until my next cruise in 2009 and hopefully get $150.00 OBC or more.

When I was a teenager growing up in the late 60s,

cruising meant spending Sunday afternoon

driving up and down Main Street

before we all headed towards the local Dairy Freeze.

I'm GROWN UP now and

know the true meaning of the word

CRUISING! :D

Archived