Parking in NYC

JanR

HI!

We are taking our first NCL cruise next June on the Spriit--It is still very early but I think since we are so close we may drive up to NYC instead of taking the Peter Pan Bus from Washington DC.

Is there parking at the terminals, or do you have to take a cab in?

If there is parking,can you park there a day prior to cruising and stay at a hotel the night before?

Thanks for the help!

Tracey

The roof of the cruise terminal is all dedicated to cruise parking. I don't know the capacity, but it's huge and pretty well-protected. We used it for a one-night on the Spirit without any problems. I suspect they'll let you park there the day before the cruise, but I make no guarantees.

I remember seeing it very full, but not completely full. The Port Authority may be able to help.

We were just in NYC and yes you can park at the pier. It is very convenient. But, you do prepay. It is $24 a day, $168 for the week, and they do take credit cards. I'm not sure about parking the day before but you can find parking garages in NY for about $30 for the night.

You cannot park the day before unless there is a ship leaving from the Port that day. The reason for this is that since the cars are right next to the ships they must be searched by a bomb sniffing dog and they all must be so searched and the dog(s) are only there on days when the ships depart.

So far the parking at the cruise terminal has never been full.

you can find parking garages in NY for about $30 for the night.

There may be 1-2 garages at that price but my experience has always been $45+ per night. Budget accordingly. If I'm wrong & it is $30 you will be pleasantly surprised. If I'm right it will be annoying if you don't have enough $$.

Archived