Carnival HMC Excursions

Embre

Gonna be on HMC in December with Carnival, can anyone tell me if all the excursions have to be booked ahead of time onboard (or online) or is there some room for spontanious last minute discisions once you get to the island???

You might want to ask this on the Carnival board. Its difficult to know what the take up rate is. In any event you certainly do not need an excursion to enjoy HMC. Excursions on HMC are simply a variety of activities. You don't go anywhere else. Its a great beach day.

I would book ahead, depending on the excursion you wanted. I know there were a lot of MAD people who wanted to do the horseback ride. I heard many people complaining about it. There are limited spots and limited times on that one due to the key item-horses. The snorkel tour we did (the last one of the day) was also full and people wanted on it. Book it and pay for it before you leave home and you don't have to worry about availability. Lots of people were wondering around and in line on the island trying to book something while we enjoyed the island.

Book now!!! Our friends suggested that we wait until we got there to book. We did and ended up not being able to do any of the excursions on our list. Horse Back Riding, Parasailing, and the clear kayak were all sold out. It was not the big of a deal because we were able to relax on the wonderful beach.

The only thing you can't reserve ahead of time online is a Cabana. If you want to rent one of the 15 available on the island, you will definitely want to head straight to the excursion desk as soon as you board the ship.

IMO, if there are any excursions you are certain you want to do on HMC, reserve them as soon as possible. It is a private island, so it isn't like there are other vendors available for excursions and you want just walk off the ship and see who is offering trips.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the advice. I hadn't thought about being stuck standing in line instead of enjoying the beach, and that I wont do, so I will have to make a decision ahead of time and book anything that I would like to do as soon as possible.

Thanks Again

Archived