Cat.G on Volendam

Lee77

I'm thinking about booking Cat.G cabin 2711 on the Volendam for an Alaska cruise. Anything I should be aware of? It's the last cabin aft. starboard.
I haven't been on the Volendam, but have been on the sister ship Amstredam. You'll get vibrations there, just as you do in the dining room, and you'll be above a work deck which could be noisy during early morning dockings. OTOH, you have an almost-private verandah next to you!

• 3 months later...

Our family had the 2709 and 2711 staterooms on the Amsterdam. 2709 was similar to most of the other outside staterooms on the main deck, 2711 had 2 port hole windows. Just outside is a small aft balacony - which is really nice. However, it is so noisy out there (from the machines below) that we did not use it all that much. We mainly went out there to check the weather or to watch when sailing in or out of a port. When sitting outside we went up at least one deck. We did not hear any noise from people walking/jogging on the deck above.

When inside, the rooms were fairly noisy. We didn't have any banging or noise like that - but there was a steady noise from the engines. Walking along the corridor we could hear this noise outside the last 4 or 5 rooms. On the cruise we were on we had some fairly rough seas - and I must say you really felt the waves in these 2 rooms.

Another small thing to note: When we were cruising we had problems with the toilettes in both these rooms - either they would not flush - or would not drain away the water. Looking down in to the toilette in 2709 we saw a lot of scrapes - so we were probably not the first ones. (When we alerted the front desk - they did send a repairman quite quickly).

We was on November 8 cruise my sister was in 2711 we were in cabin 2715 same price we had a window and cabin was a lot bigger, she had trouble with bathroom went all over the floor so they had to go out for a couple of hours while they fixed it and steam cleaned the carpet, try to get a different room we like ours as we went outside on our deck when we went through the Canal.

Christine

Christine - were you troubled by noise in your cabin? I am in 2715 on Zaandam and some of these posts have me worried. Thanks.

We loved the cabin ,the only time we had noise was when we was coming into the port,which we did not mind as it was time to get up.

We would book this cabin again.

Christine

Archived