An unusual HAL video

u4ea

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Was she really that bored waiting to disembark that she had nothing else to read but the bottom of soda cans???? Obviously she didn't realize the "health risk" at the beginning or middle of her cruise. Health risk indeed, the worst that could happen is you get flat soda. Some people will do anything to post on youtube or as someone else suggested get credit or refund for their cruise.

She actually has a point to make. Its the way she makes it that is questionable. There obviously was a problem with stock rotation. At first I thought she might have planted the 2 in her cabin but alas all the cabins checked had even more. True enough expired soda isn't going to kill you but they shouldn't be there in the first place. But its incredible to imagine that on disembarkation day you take the time to film an 8 minute episode on expired soda a la 60 Minutes. No question she and her husband were looking for some payoff. Possibly send the video to Seattle looking for some quick reward or else approach.

Certainly report it so it can be corrected but an 8 minute video on YouTube!!! Something else at play I think.

If she thinks that on these dates any product will instantly poof into an unsafe state, she's as ignorant as she comes across on the video. Unless you're talking about nitroglycerin, which becomes unstable with age, then fugetaboutit. To think she took this wonderful gentleman's time to do this is simply beyond the pale!

And if she IS one of "us," then to you I say, "What in the sam hill were you thinking?!?!"

Bingo.

And she has probably written the CEO of HAL with this outrage too.

From time to time, I sort canned goods at a food pantry. More than half of what is donated is beyond the expiration date.

As it relates to soda, the taste diminshes, over time. It however, remains safe to drink.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one....if it's diet soda made with nutra sweet, (equal) it does break down in time....this has happened to me with diet 7-up...was at my weekly poker game & was given some, I had a bad reaction after drinking it, my throat was burning...we looked at the can & it was out dated...wrote to the Co, got a letter of apology....sent me free cans of diet 7-up....date was good:)....she might be on to something......also, she might have had a back to back sailing......I for one applaud her:)

Wow....

OK, I cant defend HAL on the expired soda, it shouldnt be there. But, what an over-reaction! I dont think the Food and Beverage Manager knew he was being videotaped. Requesting to look in other cabins was just too much.

She was more concerned with trying to create sensationalism than the "health risks" of the expired soda. She describes herself on YouTube as a "photojournalists" and she has a similar style undercover video of a poor cab driver in Vancouver.

The most interesting part of the video for me was hearing the HAL "bells" before the announcement! Makes me wish I was on a ship.

I asked my pharmacist once if I could take expired medication I had. She said some of the medication that is still remaining in stock at the pharmaceutical companies after the expiration date is given to third world countries. The medicine is still good it might not be as potent, but it is not deadly.

The soda is "best if used before the date". Again, nothing deadly.

IMHO, acute OCD is her problem.

Wow, just watched the video. She needs to get a life. I think I'd better go clean out my frig.

My son in law, who is quite a beer drinker swears the date on the bottom of beer cans is the date it was make. I think he may be saying that just so he never wastes a beer!!

My concern for her is she is consuming too many calories and not exercising. She appears to be twenty to thirty pounds over weight. That is a much greater risk to her health than an expired soft drink. Perhaps she should be drinking water. It has no calories and a longer shelf life.

I was thinking the same thing....................could it be that she was REALLY concerned that she would not get the FULL calorie count on an expired can?!?!?!?!?

It's interesting to me that someone would be that 'conscientious' about soda can dates at the END (the end?) of a cruise after every cabin around her own is empty. Extremely convenient. I wonder how long it would take, after everyone leaves their cabins, to run around the rooms collecting unexpired sodas and planting expired ones.

I don't buy it, and I sincerely hope HAL doesn't either.

~ Tee

It's interesting to me that someone would be that 'conscientious' about soda can dates at the END (the end?) of a cruise after every cabin around her own is empty. Extremely convenient. I wonder how long it would take, after everyone leaves their cabins, to run around the rooms collecting unexpired sodas and planting expired ones.

I don't buy it, and I sincerely hope HAL doesn't either.

~ Tee

hmmm, very interesting point! ;)

Archived