Booked a Van...where to go with kids?

fivesenuff5

There will be 7 of us going to Cozumel in early Nov. DH, 5 kids (13, 10, 10, 8 & 7) and myself. I just booked a van because I figured it would probably save us $$ rather than hopping taxis all day.

My question is what would the recommendations be for stops that everyone (or most everyone) can enjoy. We will be doing a beach day in Grand Cayman so not really looking at spending the entire day at the beach. Are there any beaches that we can stop at that don't charge high entrance fees that the kids can try snorkeling (none have done it before). The kids like zoos, parks, preserves...things like that but not sure I want to spend the $$ to get into Chank. Is it really worth the entrance fees since not sure the kids would be able to snorkel there.

With 7 of us the entrance fees add up quickly so is there any one or 2 things that are "must sees". Also how about a nice place for lunch that we can just relax and enjoy the view that is appropriate to take young kids.

Thanks for your help!

Went there in 06. There was a free ruins site. If you take the perimeter road around the island there is a lighthouse tour on a beautiful beach. To take the tour on trolly buses costs, but there was, I think, a small museum that was free. Roaming around town was fun and free. Good luck, I sympathize with your plight, but how lucky you are to be able to all go! Don't stop checking sites these people (cc members) collectively know everything.

Archived