New to Windstar

emckeeve

We are new to Windstar - usually cruise Regent or SeaDream. Can anyone fill me in on the difference in the 3 ships? Or are they virtually the same? Do all have watersports platforms? I can't seem to find a cabin map on the web site. Can you help me with that? Many thanks.

Of the 3 ships I have only sailed on the Windsurf. It is larger and has a spa. We really enjoyed it and found the cruise to be a nice intimate affair with interesting passengers and an attentive crew.

I think that watersports access is largely driven by the route and weather. There is more information about this on the Windstar website at http://www.windstarcruises.com/watersports.asp or just call Windstar directly at (206) 292-9606.

BTW, if you have not yet booked. Check with Costco Travel. I called around to several travel agents to price our cruise. Costco was cheaper than AmEx or any one else I tried and offered a shipboard credit.

I was on Wind Star (Costa Rica) in January 2007, and will be on Wind Spirit (Caribbean) in January 2008. Wonderful crew, interesting fellow passengers, and a great itinerary. Wind Surf is about twice the size of these two, but still small compared to most ships.

The sports platform was not available often on our Costa Rica trip, due primarily to wind. The trade-off however was that 90% of our travel was powered by wind instead of the engines, which was WONDERFUL!

I booked the first Windstar cruise through an on-line agency I've used before. The January 2008 voyage was booked directly with Windstar since their past passenger (Foremast) discount is terrific, and for that, booking directly seemed most expedient for reserving one of their designated Foremast sailings, which seem to fill first.

If interested in photos, go to

http://fredasphotos1.shutterfly.com

and then go to the the album called Costa Rica/Wind Star.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived