Cruising do's and don's on Travel Channel

Johnny789

My favorite "Don't" is "Don't arrive at the port too early" :)

They suggest you arrive at the scheduled time given by the cruise line (usually 2pm) :D

We always shake our heads at that one but I guess its a good thing -- smaller lines at 11 when we do arrive :)

My favorite "Don't" is "Don't arrive at the port too early" :)

They suggest you arrive at the scheduled time given by the cruise line (usually 2pm) :D

We always shake our heads at that one but I guess its a good thing -- smaller lines at 11 when we do arrive :)

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking as I was watching the show, and had intended to post! :)

GMTA! :D

A "do" was: Do book your excursions through the cruise line. And "don't" head off on your own.

We rarely do this - there are so any reputable private tour operators at the various ports who can give you twice as much for half the price. And sometimes, we just catch a cab to a beach or shopping area rather than do a full excursion.

Another "don't" mentioned was don't book a cabin at the back of the ship because of the motion. We love aft cabins!

Now if they could have said "don't bring your kids. They will have a horrible time."!

As I was watching I thought "this is good for those of us that love aft cabins:D " Most of their don't were everything I do, lol!

The don't arrive early comment refered to 7:30 in the morning which is absolutely true as it's pointless. I do agree that the 2:00 in the docs is too late though to get a good look around before the muster drill and sailaway. We aim for between 11 and noon.

Archived