Platinum

terryinal

I think VIP check-in would be for people who book suites.

Did you get your tickets? If you printed them, then on the very first page there should be a message in bold letters:

"Please proceed to VIP check-in upon arrival at the cruise terminal."

If you printed your tickets and the first page doesn't say that [under the passenger names], I would guess no.

But if you want a quick, definite answer, call Carnival :)

Hi Fred,

I was wondering if you knew when we are checking in as Platinum, can our friend who is cruising with us but not in the same cabin, can she board with us? She is not Platinum yet?

Thanks

Number1cruiser

When we used our Carnival Vacation Club membership to check in with VIP, We took our first time cruiser friends with us, there was no problem at all, and from what I have read on here others have taken a friend or family member with them via VIP Check-in. Just let them know they are with you. We will be Platinum in Nov on our 4 day cruise onboard the Elation but since we are still Carnival Vacation Club member we still board VIP no matter what. Next April we are taking my MIL with us onboard the Freedom and she will be board with me via VIP Check-in.

Fred

Yes, as long as they are in the same cabin.

But they do make exceptions (after challenging). Wife and I are platinum, but DD (then 6) was not. She was booked in her own cabin (adjoining).

I presented two booklets, the second was slid back my way, while being told that I must of made a mistake with the second. I asked which line I should send my 6 year old on.

The look was priceless.

If you ARE platinum then you and those in your cabin can check-in in the VIP Lounge. Your friends traveling with you in another cabin can NOT, unless YOU are paying for their on-board (Sign & Sail) Accounts. This also applies to Carnival Vacation Club (CVC) members AND those booked in Cat 11 & 12 suites. If every bonified VIP brought all their friends into the VIP lounge for check-in then there would no longer be any reason for the VIP lounge because everybody would be there. This is a privilege that is either earned (Platinum) or paid for (Cat 11 & 12/CVC).:D

Archived