Using the ships tenders

We will be on Brilliance in November. I was wondering how the tendering process works. Do I have to get a ticket? If so where and when are they given out? How far can I get them in advance? Can one person get multiple tickets for their whole party? Need some help from you old pros on this one. Thanks

The Cruise Compass will list the time and place for you to pick up tender tickets, which is usually on deck 5 in the Centrum beginning about 30 minutes before the first tender leaves. One person from your party should pick up the tender tickets when you are all ready to go, and then you head down to the appropriate deck when your number is called.

Be aware of a few things: (1) Passengers with ship-sponsored shore excursions are always on the first tender(s), as are those with priority tender tickets. (If you are a Diamond or Diamond Plus member of Crown & Anchor, you will receive priority tender tickets in your cabin. This may also be true for passengers in suites -- not junior suites -- but someone else will have to confirm this as I've never stayed in a suite.) (2) Allow at least an hour to get off the ship, especially in popular places like Santorini and plan your meeting time for private tours accordingly. Doing so will save you a lot of angst and frustration. (3) If you don't have a private tour scheduled, you might want to relax and let 90 minutes or so go by before trying to get off the ship. By that time, most people are gone and tender tickets aren't even necessary. They will make an announcement onboard when tickets are no longer required.

Have a great cruise!

Archived