Passports in 2 Weeks!!!

TwinMom7

Man I am so freaking jealous. I sent mine in the spring for a name change due to getting married. Heard nada but also my check was never cashed. I finally got a letter from them two weeks ago saying that they lost my check and they needed pictures. That they were not going to do a name change that they were just going to issue me a new one. I am kind of concerned that they have lost my original one. Wondering now if I will get it in time for my cruise in 45days.

Man I am so freaking jealous. I sent mine in the spring for a name change due to getting married. Heard nada but also my check was never cashed. I finally got a letter from them two weeks ago saying that they lost my check and they needed pictures. That they were not going to do a name change that they were just going to issue me a new one. I am kind of concerned that they have lost my original one. Wondering now if I will get it in time for my cruise in 45days.

So they lost your check AND your original passport and you only got a letter from them 2 weeks ago?? Did you ever call them and ask about it?:eek: Good luck! Since the wait times are back to normal maybe you will get it in time.

So they lost your check AND your original passport and you only got a letter from them 2 weeks ago?? Did you ever call them and ask about it?:eek: Good luck! Since the wait times are back to normal maybe you will get it in time.

They said that the check was misplaced. I had to put a stop payment on it and it cost me $25 which is a whole other thread about my bank. When I did call I asked them what made them change their mind about not just doing a name change. So I guess I am getting a new passport.

I am going to call them back in another week. Give them time to get it together. Wish me luck!

I think now that the summer vacation and honeymoon rush is over, they have finally caught up. There should be no excuse to wait anymore to get a passport, since it is very clear that they are needed. Now it will be interesting to see what happens when they all start expiring in ten years!

I think now that the summer vacation and honeymoon rush is over, they have finally caught up. There should be no excuse to wait anymore to get a passport, since it is very clear that they are needed. Now it will be interesting to see what happens when they all start expiring in ten years!

Wow - I never thought of that. There will most likely be a MASS influx of renewals in ten years.

Seems I read somewhere recently that the Passport Office declared it had worked through its backlog and things are back to normal.

I sent mine in for renewal a month ago and have heard NOTHING from them, but my check has been cashed.

My parents sent theirs in a week before me and they received an acknowledgement that theirs were in the works.

Now with all of you saying you got such speedy service, I'm wondering if mine is lost...:mad: I've got some homework to do.

I sent my paperwork in on 9/4, but I did state on the application that I had no immediate travel plans, so that probably sent it to the bottom of the pile.

After I queried the Web site a few days ago about its status, I got an e-mail saying it would take 10-12 weeks to process.

But just now I got an e-mail saying it's done and should arrive by 10/7. So that's a one-month turnaround. Not too bad, considering what it has been for others.

Just checking on it really did seem to shake it loose, so I suggest that to anyone who's still waiting and wondering what's going on. :)

Archived