Seward lodging

ZSO

Hi,

We have a trip planned in August on the Stattendom will be in Seward on Sunday and would like to spend three day there, fishing and maybe touring Kenai peninsula.

Can anyone recommend accomadation in or around Seward. Any recommendations for the Kenai tours?

Any help would be appreciated.

ZSO

we booked the edgewater (was also looking at the harborview). also the seavey ididaride tour and the kenai pennisula tour. there's also a sealife center, exit glacier etc. it sounds like a lot to do there!

Sheree

Request their visitor guide www.sewardak.org

Plenty there to keep you busy. I have gone with Kenai Fjords and Major Marine boat tours- both great operators, go with who fits your schedule best- and book at least 6 hours on the water, shorter tours barely get out of the bay. Take precautions if prone to seasickness- I have seen sick passengers every trip. I do NOT recommend Ocean Front B&B and I have low standards icon_smile.gif - filthy beds, hot water ran out in 5 minutes and took hours to heat back up, 2 unmade recently slept in beds, no rails on stair up to deck or loft. I emailed them with my concerns and no reply.

We stayed at the Harborview, but only for one night. We followed it with 2 nights at the Kenai Princess. Both were good choices, depending on what your interests are.

You might also want to check the Windsong Lodge www.alaskaheritagetours.com/480.cfm . We didn't stay there, but we drove by going to Exit glacier and Seavey's. It is in a scenic area, but not within walking distance to town. It is owned by the same people that run the Kenai Fjords boat tour and the Talkeetna Lodge.

Archived