Thinking About Taking Liquor On The Glory?

GTO-Girl

Got a call yesterday from some of our friends who had just boarded the Glory. Of the four couples traveling together, three of them got their liquor/wine taken from them. Not sure how the fourth couple got through but somehow they did.

In the past they have allowed some amounts to be taken aboard but it looks like they may be changing that policy. I'm really not surprised because I'm sure Carnival has been losing a lot of money by allowing this.

Anyway, just wanted to give you future Glory Bee's a heads up. Ya just might not get through......

Dianne

Got a call yesterday from some of our friends who had just boarded the Glory. Of the four couples traveling together, three of them got their liquor/wine taken from them. Not sure how the fourth couple got through but somehow they did.

In the past they have allowed some amounts to be taken aboard but it looks like they may be changing that policy. I'm really not surprised because I'm sure Carnival has been losing a lot of money by allowing this.

Anyway, just wanted to give you future Glory Bee's a heads up. Ya just might not get through......

Dianne

Did they try to walk on the ship with it? From the way you've written this it sounds like they were trying to carry it on.

I was on the Triumph this past week, and the man in front of me had his bottle of gin taken away. He was quite upset when he asked what would happen to it and they told him it would be destroyed.

"Destroyed" hmmm. Yeah, I believe that..:D Isn't the technical term "drained" or "emptied". j/k I have no idea what they do with it.

You can bring wine onboard with you but booze will be confiscated. This subject is discussed here ad nauseam. Any regular reader of this board knows you cannot carry boozed on with you.

That's exactly what I was thinking, this and every other board that I read tells everyone how to do it. How did your friends not know how it's done?

My friends did not just walk up there with it as some have implied. This was the third trip they have made on the Glory and had their stuff in their carryon just as they have always done. I have been on the Glory twice and have done the same thing with no problem.

Just trying to let people know....what you choose to do is up to you.

My friends did not just walk up there with it as some have implied. This was the third trip they have made on the Glory and had their stuff in their carryon just as they have always done. I have been on the Glory twice and have done the same thing with no problem.

Thanks for the update...bringing hooch in your carry-on works on rare occasions, expect confiscation. :rolleyes:

We were on the 8-18-07 sailing and put all our liquor in our checked luggage. No problem. DH had a bottle in his carryon and they were going to take it away but he took it back to the porter,who luckily hadn't yet taken our checked luggage away, and put the bottle inside! We got all of our liquor. No problem if it is inside the checked bags.

I just received my cruise docs for our Oct 21st Valor trip. Looked up the new liquor and beverage policy and was shocked to read the following:

"Guests may bring ONE bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation..."

Then I reviewed Carnival's brochure that I received from TA and I quote..

"Wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation...excessive quanties of wine will be confiscated."

Obviously, we are now restricted to 1 bottle of wine each. We will be searching for the biggest bottle carried by ABC Liquor!!!:mad: :eek:

Your friends DID just walk up there with it......in their carry-on!! So that was their mistake....should have had it in their checked baggage...

:eek: So they got their wine taken away?! Did they have hard liquor in with it?

I just received my cruise docs for our Oct 21st Valor trip. Looked up the new liquor and beverage policy and was shocked to read the following:

"Guests may bring ONE bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only during embarkation..."

Then I reviewed Carnival's brochure that I received from TA and I quote..

"Wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation...excessive quanties of wine will be confiscated."

Obviously, we are now restricted to 1 bottle of wine each. We will be searching for the biggest bottle carried by ABC Liquor!!!:mad: :eek:

Not sure what kind of wine you drink but boxed wine might be the way to go. If each of you carry on a box of wine it would be more equivalent to 4-6 bottles.

Good Luck!

Much to my surprise on my last cruise on Glory 7/07...they are watching much closer than in my past 15yrs of cruising.

When I first board I always put it in my checked luggage...never had a problem.

In past cruises we have always bought in port and carried it right back to our room, even though they have the table there to take it. We usually just walk right past. When the scanners came into play we thought that would change...but no, we have still just walked right back to our room.

Not this last time....my stuff went through the scanner, the security guy made a point of saying I see you got 3 bottles today, if you could check those at the table I would appreciate it. When we walked that way I didnt go directly to the table as my DH and kids were going to head up without me, we stepped off to the side to figure out a plan...this was out of the sight of the officer. Think he thought I had left without checking my alcohol and he came around the corner and got nasty saying I clearly indicated you need to check your purchase. I was shocked and responded, and I clearly understand that....I dont believe I have left the area have I? He just gave me a look and went back to his post.

So I would say things are a changin....we dont drink alot or buy alot but I do like having the option of bringing a bottle with me to mix a few drinks in my room...not offened by having to check what I buy in port as we dont consume that.

Word to the wise...pack your alcohol that you plan to consume during your trip in your checked luggage.

Note: They had no problem with my DH carring on a cold 6 pk of beer that he got in St Thomas...go figure!

I had three liters of booze happily parked in my check luggage last week. I used the famed 'RumRunner' flasks and they worked flawlessly.

not familiar with these, found this online...is it what you're talking about? Do they work?

Can they go (filled) thru checked luggage/TSA-airport from home w/o leaking or should i wait pre-cruise to fill?

41TC8C50S5L._AA280_.jpg

not familiar with these, found this online...is it what you're talking about? Do they work?

Can they go (filled) thru checked luggage/TSA-airport from home w/o leaking or should i wait pre-cruise to fill?

41TC8C50S5L._AA280_.jpg

Ive heard these work really well and that most fill them right from home then pack and off they go.

They are a very thick plastic so leakage is not a problem

Archived