Sail-in to Venice

LibraLass41

Sail-in to Venice....... I have booked a Starboard balcony cabin on this cruise, after asking the question on here which side does the ship sail -in on?. Now wondering if I have made the right decision....

Some say the best view is up on top deck to get a panoramic view and hear the commentry..although it can be crowded... Now, I could view the sail-in from the privacy and unintrupted view from my balcony - we are on C deck..but will I hear the commentry from the tv or from the ship itself??

Thinking now, should of gone for my usual port side cabin - see sail-in with others 'ooop top', and then enjoy a private sail out with a glass of wine in the evening from cabin whilst getting ready for dinner.

Should i try and swop cabins? Does it matter? And are you charged a fee to swop cabins?

Is port side or starboard any more sunnier than the other?

On our Med cruise in June we were port side, and the sun in the afternoons always seemed to be on the starboard side, we would of liked to catch the afternoon rays in late afternoon, but always seemed to be in the shade.?

Thanks

Sue

Sail-in to Venice....... I have booked a Starboard balcony cabin on this cruise, after asking the question on here which side does the ship sail -in on?. Now wondering if I have made the right decision....

Sue

Sue

If it's any help, I did a timelapse video of the sail in to (and out of) Venice.

It's at

I wasn't onboard - I just took a video of the cruisecam.

Venice looks gorgeous.

Neil

Thank you Thames side - now will have to work out how to keep those balcony doors open (they are not sliding ones, slam shut ones) open so can hear tv commentry while out on balcony ! :D perhaps I'll buy some bunjy cords !!

Sue

Sue, don't worry, you will have great views wherever you are. If you want a double wammy buy a vaporetto ticket for 1 day and sail up and down the grand canal to St Marks and you will have views 100 per cent better than the ship can offer. We are doing this cruise in July 2008.

The best place to view your Venice arrival is on one of the "secret" forwardx observation vewing decks (below the bridge) - get up early.

Seeing La Serinissama emerging in the early morning mists in the limpid lagoon waters is an incomparable experience.

HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Derek “The Monocled Mutineer” Kane

|||||

o Q

<

\__/

|>o<|

Sue, don't worry, you will have great views wherever you are. If you want a double wammy buy a vaporetto ticket for 1 day and sail up and down the grand canal to St Marks and you will have views 100 per cent better than the ship can offer. We are doing this cruise in July 2008.

Hi Janey,

That sounds just great for me as being disabled I don't do walking.

BTW we are on the cruise on Arcadia in July. Perhaps we could meet. I try to organise a CC/CC P&O meeting on board to meet fellow cruising nuts. Last time we had 15 on Oceana in August and last October there were 16 of us.

Hope we can keep in touch. Do you use P&O's Cruise Connections?

Perhaps we should start a roll call on these boards?

:):)Happy Cruising

:cool:

Dai

Hi there Dai, yes I use the Cruise Connections too. I've "spoken" to you before about flying to Southampton from Newcastle on our cruise and also about the QE2 on our n yorks coastline a couple of weeks ago. We are on the Arcadia in 9 weeks from New Orleans to Barbados so that is all I'm thinking about at the moment!

Just got back from the Voyage to Venice on Arcadia, it was amazing, got up early and got a great place up on deck. It was amazing watching the sun comming up and seeing Venice come to life. We had a port side balcony and it was nice to watch the sail out whilst getting ready for dinner.

Hope this helps

I've just booked the "Pearls of the Adriatic" in Sept 2008 where we are in Venice overnight! I'm so excited! I've got a cabin on the port side, the woman told me that the ship usually "reverses" in, so although the starboard is best when you sail in, you wake up next morning on the port side and have a wonderful view when you pull back the curtains. Is this true, does she really reverse in???:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed into Venice around midday. Most interesting side is starboard, St Mark's Square etc. I video'd parts of it and it was interesting to have the commentary pointing out some of the things we wouldn't have otherwise heard about. We were on deck and it was a nice atmosphere although a little crowded. It was surprising how quiet people were. I think they, like us, were awestruck. We were on Grand Princess and overnighted on the ship in Venice, disembarking the following morning. We had been to Venice before but the views from the ship were different as were so high up.

Archived