Proper Attire for Portofinos

raytownlady

Hi Ladies,

DH and I will be sailing on the Explorer in a few weeks and of course we plan to check out, Portofinos, the specialty resturant onboard. My question is this:

Is a jacket required for my husband for dinner. reccomended dress is "smart casual"

He's bringing his Tux and two different shirts for the formal nights no suit.

I know that many people have the attitude we're on vacation so we'll wear what we want but I'm not that way I like to conform to the rules.

He's bringing an assortment of silk shirts to wear with linen slacks for dinner on the other nights.

When we were on Radiance last March, men were not required to wear a jacket in either of the specialty restaurants. In fact, most men wore nice slacks and a golf or open collar shirt. The linen slacks and silk shirt combination would be fine.

When we were on Radiance last March, men were not required to wear a jacket in either of the specialty restaurants. In fact, most men wore nice slacks and a golf or open collar shirt. The linen slacks and silk shirt combination would be fine.

Thanks for your reply!

Nekita:cool:

He's bringing an assortment of silk shirts to wear with linen slacks for dinner on the other nights.

BINGO!!! PERFECT AS SMART CASUAL! if you will be going on formal night, then formal attire should be worn. we did not go on formal night, and no tie was required.

Archived