Shore Excursions

kura

I booked a March 2008 cruise in April 2007. Almost at once I was able to view excursions. I am assuming that the closer to the embarkation date, the more options will be available but I was able to book from the git go.

Hoping that your tours will be wonderful.:)

It depends on itinerary. Caribbean excursions show up right away. But for ports that HAL visits only a few times - well - we have had to wait until about a month for some excursions.

Our caribbean excursions didn't start showing up until 5.5 months from the cruise. Then it was only limited. Not until recently did more show up and I suspect more will follow as there's only 7 excursions at each port so far.

Half Moon Cay is different. They were all up very quick.

We are doing Mediterranean and Black Sea....in Sept and Oct 2008 ....do you have to prepay excursions or do they just go on your shipboard account?

In my (very) limited experience, and based on what I've read, if you book excursions in advance on HAL's website, you will get charged immediately.

If I were you, I'd wait a while. Your cruise is almost a year away. Even if some excursions are listed now, others may well be added later that appeal to you more. Plus you may find private tours on the ports of call board for less money, or there may be others on your roll call wanting to share private tours. No need to make decisions quite yet.

Archived