Vacation Interchange Privileges

psw

On the back of my princess brochure there is a blurb about VIP stating if you have cruised on Princess, Carnival, Holland Amreica, Cunard, Costa, Windstar or Yachts of seaborne, you ar entitled to sail princess and recieve certain past passenger cruise fare savings when you book. Anyone out there have any knowlege about this? We have sailed on Carn twice and Costa once, does this mean they are combining cruise credits acrross the fleets?

On the back of my princess brochure there is a blurb about VIP stating if you have cruised on Princess, Carnival, Holland Amreica, Cunard, Costa, Windstar or Yachts of seaborne, you ar entitled to sail princess and recieve certain past passenger cruise fare savings when you book. Anyone out there have any knowlege about this? We have sailed on Carn twice and Costa once, does this mean they are combining cruise credits acrross the fleets?

Hi there:

What they are stating on your brochure is that you are eligible to receive past passenger cruise rates on all of the Carnival owned companies. Frequently, Princess offers a different rate to past passengers than it offers to those who have never sailed on their line in the past. Therefore, you can get that rate. If other cruise lines owned by Carnival are making offers to a past guest, you would be eligible to receive that rate.

Hope that explains it for you,

Donna

Thats not what the brochure says, it says if you have cruised ANY of our member lines VIP entitles you to sail Princess and recieve certain Princess past passenger cruise fare savings when you book. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what they say

Thats not what the brochure says, it says if you have cruised ANY of our member lines VIP entitles you to sail Princess and recieve certain Princess past passenger cruise fare savings when you book. I will have to call them tomorrow and see what they say

Yes, you would receive a past passenger cruise fare, but not cruise credits towards Captain's Circle levels.

ok ty

Sorry, PSW. I think you misunderstand. You will be eligible to receive the past passenger rates ONLY. You will still have to earn those credits for membership in the Captain's Club. I am a travel agent and we can just give Princess reservations your information about other cruises that you have taken. I believe they will request your date of sailing and the ship you sailed on. If you have a Carnival guest number, that would also help.

A travel agent would be able to get the rate for you. You don't have to call Princess directly.

HAL cruisers would also be eligible for discounted passenger rates.

Hope that cleared it up.

DONNA

I just booked 3 cabins on the Star, and although I have sailed with Carnival 7 times, my TA tells me it means nothing to Princess. I already have a great rate...not sure that it will go any lower at this point in time....however, if upgrades come into play, would this help at all?

Thanks, I was hoping I guess that the two larger cruise conglomerates would start sharing credits across lines but I guess its not so. I have no idea what my Carn number is guess I could call and get it, I do however have the dates we sailed. The only number I know is my C&A number and that doesnt count with princess, Its also too bad princess doesnt offer more than one credit per cruise no matter the length, as RCCL does. Two creidts for 14 days or longer and/or extra credit for suites

psw-You have been given the correct info. The only thing sailing on the other lines would give you is the lower pricing for past passengers, it would not be included in your number of sailings level for Princess. But heck, a discount in pricing is better than nothing.

I just booked 3 cabins on the Star, and although I have sailed with Carnival 7 times, my TA tells me it means nothing to Princess. I already have a great rate...not sure that it will go any lower at this point in time....however, if upgrades come into play, would this help at all?

Hi Deadbug:

If your travel agent got you a past cruiser rate, then she is correct. You should seriously ask her if that is the rate that you got. If not, you need to get a new travel agent. I am a travel agent, and I know that you are eligible.

Have a great day!

Donna

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!!! I've talked to a gazillion people about this recently and all said it was not possible. I have the same brochure which I've misplaced and threfore I was starting to doubt myself!! I will definitely use this information when I book today or tomorrow. What is the usual discount for past passenger?

Deborah

If you use a good TA that also does more discounting, your cruise price should be even lower then the past passenger discounted rate. Sorry, wish I could recommend one, but it is against the rules of this board. Best of Luck and let us know what happens after you book, please!

If you use a good TA that also does more discounting, your cruise price should be even lower then the past passenger discounted rate. Sorry, wish I could recommend one, but it is against the rules of this board. Best of Luck and let us know what happens after you book, please!

Okay, I just got off the phone with a TA who is telling me that Princess Cruises DOES NOT honor this. I'm a newbie so help!! I'm trying to book the CP for next July 2006.

Deborah

FYI - it is often that there are "other rates" out there that are better then Past Passenger Rates. For example - you may be getting a regional rate which saves you more money then a past passenger rate. Maybe there was a time when past passenger rates were great but I don't see that nearly as much anymore.

I actually wish that Princess would have better Past Passenger rates.

Try calling Princess DIRECT at 1-800-PRINCESS and see what they have to say. Then get their name and call your TA back. Waiting to hear the outcome of this as something is definitely wrong.

I just called Princess for the 3rd time!! I was told that there is no past passenger discount or VIP discount for the July 16, 2005 sailing of the CP. This is the one I'm interested in taking. The woman, Olivia was very helpful and patient in answering my questions. She told me to tell the TA to keep checking for specials moving forward.

Deborah

That is very strange that Princess is not acknowledging this. Next try might be to call Carnival Corp and see what they have to say about all this. Sorry, I have no other ideas to suggest.

To quote the actual web site:

"ANY GUEST WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY CRUISED ON ANY OF OUR LINES IS ENTITLED TO CERTAIN PAST-GUEST SAVINGS OFFERED BY ANY OF OUR MEMBER LINES"

As Coral did say, and I totally agree with her, that sometimes/most times you can beat the past guest rates, but I do know that to get the better rates, we have always had to supply our Princess Captain's Circle number to the travel agent.

That is very strange that Princess is not acknowledging this. Next try might be to call Carnival Corp and see what they have to say about all this. Sorry, I have no other ideas to suggest.

To quote the actual web site:

"ANY GUEST WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY CRUISED ON ANY OF OUR LINES IS ENTITLED TO CERTAIN PAST-GUEST SAVINGS OFFERED BY ANY OF OUR MEMBER LINES"

As Coral did say, and I totally agree with her, that sometimes/most times you can beat the past guest rates, but I do know that to get the better rates, we have always had to supply our Princess Captain's Circle number to the travel agent.

Thanks for the input. I will check with Carnival and see what happens. I did book, see my other post, so I will keep you guys apprised of any developments.

Deborah

Archived