Looking for advice/ Opinions

booth22

Hello everyone, I am starting to plan a vacation for 2005 to Alaska. We have narrowed it down to three options and are looking for suggestions/opinions from people I know are full of them. First let me say I am aware of the cruisetours offered by Princess and others and we have decided not to do one, we would rather return to alaska and spend a whole vacation exploring the area. With that in mind we are looking to plan a two week vacation and have narrowed it down to 3 options. Based on itinerary/price what sounds the best? We've never been to any of the areas mentioned so it comes down to price and what we will see. Any advice would help....

Option #1 Back to back cruises- north and southbound out of vancouver. We would fly into vancouver and just spend two weeks onboard and head home.

Option #2 7 day Inside passage cruise out of Seattle with our own week-long land vacation heading northeast through the Canadian Rockies (Jasper, Banff, ect.)

Option #3 10 day inside passage out of San Francisco with 3 nights pre or post cruise in San Francisco and the area.

While we would like to do all three, and someday might, we are looking for next year. All three options sound good to us, and we are changing our minds constantly, and would just like some advice if you've done them, or something similar before. Thanks, Booth

PS We are planning on cruising with Princess (open booking)

I would do option 2. The scenery is endless and the Canadian Rockies are just excellent. I have gone independent and having a car is the way to go in some of these areas- several rental options available once off the train- again my recommendation- the VIA rail. Be sure to have time at the destination if going on a tour- stay a few nights in Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper etc.

Archived