Will there be kids or not?

awesomemamma

As I read through these threads, and other sections, I read a lot of "no, there shouldn't be too many kids on that cruise, there are only a lot during holidays". Well, I am actually hoping to find kids on my cruise, since I will be cruising with my 5 kids ages 8-17. We are going on the Elation 5 day, the week BEFORE Christmas. It is not traditionally a week off school for any kids that I know of. Can someone tell me if my kiddo's are going to get bored, or if there just won't be SO MANY kids that the ship is overrun?

I was on the Liberty last week and the Cruise Director said that there were 400 kids aboard using Camp Carnival but you couldn't tell it from just walking around the ship. Our school year started after Labour Day and I can see parents not caring about kids missing an extra week of school around Christmas. Lots of my school friends went away when I was little and my Grandparents and Mom took me to Florida for a week or two every November. (Please do not blame them for any of my spelling mistakes.)

There are naturally more kids on the ships when school is out... there are going to be some kids on board during school times, just not hundreds generally... but there are always kids. I guess the other thing that works against you is that it's the week before Christmas and many may not be taking their kids out before a break... but there will still be kids, perhaps just not a lot... that's hard to say.

Lol. I am an English teacher, but would never blame your parents for your spelling mistakes! (Actually, after you said that, the English teacher in me had to proof read you note, and I only found one spelling issue, and that was Labor Day :) )

Anyway, Thanks for the thoughts. I hate to pull my kids out, but the price was such that I could totally not pass it up! 400 kids would be perfect! Just enough for my kids to find friends, and me to not have to see any of them!

I think there are a lot of schools that get long vacations starting mid-December. My kids aren't off (wish they were!) but my cousin's 13 yo son, at a private school in Florida, has about 3 weeks off, starting mid-Dec.

I'm sure there will be kids for yours to hang out with. Just not as many as the following week.

I love going between Thankgiving and Christmas break as there are almost NO kids. I would be surprised if you find many kids. The next best for no kids is the week after Christmas break. Most parents realize it is hard to take kids out during that time (they just had a long break and have a long break coming up) and that is why the prices are so good.

There are always kids.

Athough in one of John Heald's recent blogs I do remember him saying that there were something like 2,700 passengers on board the Carnival Freedom and just 27 of those were under 18 years of age.

Lol. I am an English teacher, but would never blame your parents for your spelling mistakes! (Actually, after you said that, the English teacher in me had to proof read you note, and I only found one spelling issue, and that was Labor Day :) )

Anyway, Thanks for the thoughts. I hate to pull my kids out, but the price was such that I could totally not pass it up! 400 kids would be perfect! Just enough for my kids to find friends, and me to not have to see any of them!

We spell Labour Day the British way in Canada.

As I read through these threads, and other sections, I read a lot of "no, there shouldn't be too many kids on that cruise, there are only a lot during holidays". Well, I am actually hoping to find kids on my cruise, since I will be cruising with my 5 kids ages 8-17. We are going on the Elation 5 day, the week BEFORE Christmas. It is not traditionally a week off school for any kids that I know of. Can someone tell me if my kiddo's are going to get bored, or if there just won't be SO MANY kids that the ship is overrun?

We cruise while most kids are in school. We have always had kids on the ship, and almost all have been great kids. Smiling, happy, crazy in the pool, well dressed at dinner.....makes me miss our two kids that stay at home with their grandparents.

Payd:)

Archived