Anyone having problems accessing Princess Shore Excursions?

Toriables

Scott wrote this on our roll call-

The shore tours are still showing not available as I write this. Called the ever infamous Princess toll free line and talked to a representative.

I asked why the tours have not opened and they told me that they do not have all contracts signed yet.:mad: They also said that I should check back daily to see if we can book. They also said that they should have all in place before 90 days of sailing. Since I was in no mood to argue, I said thanks. So I did a look at the thread of the cruise before ours and their tours are still not open! So they are in the same "boat" as we are.

So I guess we just have to wait and check daily.

Hope this helps,

Scott and Myrla

We are on the Emerald Jan 25

Had received an email from Princess telling me I can reserve reservations on my 12/22/05 cruise, but couldn't access them. My fellow rollcallers couldn't either. I called the 800 number and the CSR said, oh, just try on a weekly basis. :rolleyes:

I guess enough people who had received that email contacted their TAs or Princess as by the next day, the online booking became available. I think that was about 80 days out.

As your sailing is not until January 25th you may not see shore excursions open until mid November. Our final payment is due at the end of October and I was told I would see the shore excursions open the next day. We'll see if that's true; if not I'll put in a call to Princess the next day.

Scott wrote this on our roll call-

The shore tours are still showing not available as I write this. Called the ever infamous Princess toll free line and talked to a representative.

I asked why the tours have not opened and they told me that they do not have all contracts signed yet.:mad: They also said that I should check back daily to see if we can book. They also said that they should have all in place before 90 days of sailing. Since I was in no mood to argue, I said thanks. So I did a look at the thread of the cruise before ours and their tours are still not open! So they are in the same "boat" as we are.

So I guess we just have to wait and check daily.

Hope this helps,

Scott and Myrla

We are on the Emerald Jan 25

If your cruise is in Jan. you probably are too soon.Even though they say on the web site that you can reserve 120 days in advance most of the time you cannot. My cruise is Nov. 3, my final payment was at the end of August and around 60 days out was when we could reserve our excursions. You just have to keep on looking daily.

Marilyn

Some of you are getting all worked up over nothing judging from the mad face emoticons.

What Princess Says: "You can pre-reserve any of these Shore Excursions up to 120 days before date of sailing." (Translation: Sometime within 120 days of sailing.)

What Some of you Thought Princess Said: "You can pre-reserve any of these Shore Excursions 120 days before date of sailing " (Translation: Start bugging customer service at 119 days 23 hours and 59 minutes :D )

Ours became available 83 days before sailing. I had no trouble reserving the excurisions I wanted. Just keep checking the cruise personalizer.

No big deal, they are not going to secretly sell out any before they are made available online.

It's a crapshoot as to when they will actually open up. We've had one cruise where they opened up 150+ days before the sailing date. On our upcoming B2B cruise the first week opened up around 125 days before sailing, but the second week didn't open up until around 90 days.

As others have said - not to worry though! Noone is secretly booking excursions behind your back. :D

Archived