Will we miss our ship?

cruiseaway

My son and I are doing the Yukon horseback tour via Southeast Tours of Skagway. We are suppose to be back in Skagway at 4:30. Our ship leaves port at 5:30. Should I be worried, since we are suppose to be back on the ship by 5. Any one been on this trip who can tell me if they run a timely tour? Thanks. We are looking forward to the trip.

You can be sure that if Dave says you'll be back at 4:30, that's what will happen. In the excursion business, credibilty is everything, and one late trip would do serious damage.

Murray

Hi cruiseaway,
When are you doing the tour? We're booked for Wed. 8/4, but luckily our ship doesn't leave until 8:30 p.m. If you're going before us, I'd love a review of the tour! I will do the same if I go before you...

***Nancy***

Song of Norway 12/79
Tropicale 12/84
Explorer of the Seas 8/3/02
Mariner of the Seas 1/4/04

Serenading to Alaska for our 10th anniversary!
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=552109271"]Roll call for Serenade 8/1/04 click here[/url]
Time until our next cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;8;1;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0700[/img]

• 1 month later...
I took the trip two weeks ago. It was right on schedule until coming down from Carcross when the guide did several photo stops. No one asked him to stop, he just did. No one was on a tight schedule, so no one cared. I think we were about 30 minutes later than scheduled. I would let them know your time constraints. I was still back on board before 5, without hurrying since we had a late departure.

It was a wonderful excursion, and drive up and back is gorgeous.

Archived