Formal Dress

woodman

I am sure this question has been answered before. The search turned up "0".

Are there any formal dress occasions on NCL? Should we leave the Tux and Gown in the closet this Cruise? We are booked for a 6 day to Bermuda at the end of this month. We have never cruised on NCL before and don't know what to expect. Any additional info for a newbie would be helpful.

Thank you all.

NCL does NOT require "Formal" or "Semi Formal" dress for any event. "Resort Casual" dress is always appropriate.

There will be "Dress Up or Not Nights" once or twice during your cruise for those who wish to dress up together. It's completely optional. It's your choice.

I've seen many, no where close to a majority, of passengers dress up for some Formal photos. I've also seen many sit for photos in Resort Casual attire too.

no need for any suits, ties, dress pants, dresses, high heels, stockings or such....unless you want to. you will see some dressed up on certain nights, good time for those family portaits. the photo that i use for a avator is from our last "formal" night.

NCL has optional formal nights. Approx 25% will dress up for these nights, that means a suit, or a jacket or a tux. The remaining 75% will be resort causal. The percentage that dress up will increase for holiday cruises. Resort casual is acceptable all the time. The choice is really yours. Bring the tux if you want, great for pictures etc, or choose to leave that space open in your luggage. If you do choose to bring the tux don't be surprised if the people at the next table are very casual. Happens. Their choice also.

NCL's freestyle policy is designed to give people the choice. I love dressing up, so on our last cruise, I took the opportunity to wear a formal gown that otherwise comes out less than once a year - I actually took two along, but chose to only dress formally once. The rest of the time, I wore my casual clothes during the day and dressed for dinner. When I'm at home, working, parenting, and being generally busy with my regular life, many of my nicer articles hang in the closet, so any opportunity to wear them is a good opportunity!!

The bottom line is that if you enjoy wearing your tux and gown, wear them!! I think more than 25% of our ship was dressed up on the 'formal optional' nights, and I saw some really gorgeous gowns, and men looking really sharp. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Archived