My Full Alaska Trip Review (14 Days on Land + 14 Days on Radiance)

GMoney

Ok, I finally finished it! Here's my review of my recent month-long trip to Alaska (2 weeks independent land tour and 2 weeks on Radiance).

There's about 50 pages of info that may help those of you planning future trips.

NOTE: Unfortunately, the page loads slowly; I think because there are so many pictures. Be patient; it's worth it. :) I'm working to speed it along.

You can access the review 2 ways:

DIRECTLY at:

http://web.mac.com/mellicon/My_Voyage_to_Adventure/Blog/Entries/2007/10/2_Alaska_Review_files/alaska.pdf

Through my website at:

http://web.mac.com/mellicon/My_Voyage_to_Adventure/Blog/Blog.html

This is the most amazing review I've read. So informative and well-written with exactly the kind of details I'm interested in (so many reviews give more space to discussing the food than the ports, argh!) The pictures are gorgeous too! I've saved the .pdf to my desktop and will refer to it when planning our next Alaska trip. The web links at the end are a great touch too!

This is the most amazing review I've read. So informative and well-written with exactly the kind of details I'm interested in (so many reviews give more space to discussing the food than the ports, argh!) The pictures are gorgeous too! I've saved the .pdf to my desktop and will refer to it when planning our next Alaska trip. The web links at the end are a great touch too!

Hi - Thanks very much for your kind comments; I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I agree that the ports / stops are so critical that they deserve a lot of attention. Good luck with your planning.

This is a fantastic piece of work and a very generous gift to future travelers!

What kind of camera did you take out in a kayak? I would love to get into kayaking, but I can't imagine taking my dSLR out in one. Would love to know what you used.

Thanks again for your intense effort in sharing your experience.

This is a fantastic piece of work and a very generous gift to future travelers!

What kind of camera did you take out in a kayak? I would love to get into kayaking, but I can't imagine taking my dSLR out in one. Would love to know what you used.

Thanks again for your intense effort in sharing your experience.

Hi - Thanks for your nice comments. I used my little Canon Powershot SD600 Elph for the whole trip, including the kayak trip. I just it in a ziplock back in the chest pocket of my jacket so I could get to it while kayaking. With that said, this was my first time kayaking, and it took me awhile to feel stable, so there are unfortunately very few pictures of such a picturesque excursion. I'm just going to have to rely on my memory. :)

Archived