Unlimited mileage rare in Canada?

Hi, I recently booked a rent car in Saint John, New Brunswick. I avoided Enterprise because they did not provide unlimited mileage. I booked Avis via the web. On the web it did not mention mileage and I did not check closely enough. Sure enough I did not have unlimited mileage.

Both places included 200 km with the rental rate. Avis was .13 per mile over the 200.

So if you are renting a car in Canada, be sure to check whether you are getting unlimited mileage. My rate went from about $55 to $90 with the mileage.

Still had a great visit. Just a reminder.

Hi, I recently booked a rent car in Saint John, New Brunswick. I avoided Enterprise because they did not provide unlimited mileage. I booked Avis via the web. On the web it did not mention mileage and I did not check closely enough. Sure enough I did not have unlimited mileage.

Both places included 200 km with the rental rate. Avis was .13 per mile over the 200.

So if you are renting a car in Canada, be sure to check whether you are getting unlimited mileage. My rate went from about $55 to $90 with the mileage.

Still had a great visit. Just a reminder.

It depends on the company and the rate. Generally they will include 200km per day on the cheapest rates. But they may provide unlimited on a weekend or a weekly rate. Enterprise is rarely unlimited kilometerage.

Archived