? on CB table for 2 dining

jwendy31

I would not bet the farm on it. You would be best advised to see the Maitre De ASAP after boarding. Call the purser desk and find out where and when he or his staff are holding "Court" and confirm a table. TA cannot guarantee you a table.

Our TA assures us that in traditional dining on the CB, we will be able to have a table for 2. However, reading all your posts, I'm not sure that is the case. Can anyone clarify for us? Thanks!!:)

As Mary notes, your TA just puts in your request. There are a limited number of tables for 2 and you may get one or not. Depends on how many other requests they have for them.

Agreed, I had a table for 2 on my upcoming Grand cruise, but it really is leaving it up to chance. If you want a set time, just make a standing reservation in the Anytime dining room for 2. It is very similar to traditional dining, in the sense that you will have the same waitstaff everynight. Even if you dont make the standing res. anytime dining is a GREAT option. :)

Agreed, I had a table for 2 on my upcoming Grand cruise, but it really is leaving it up to chance. If you want a set time, just make a standing reservation in the Anytime dining room for 2. It is very similar to traditional dining, in the sense that you will have the same waitstaff everynight. Even if you dont make the standing res. anytime dining is a GREAT option. :)

DW and I do this all the time and NEVER had any problems

As a TA, I'm not sure how yours can guarantee your table size. Requests for table size are exactly that, requests. Nothing can be guaranteed. The cruiseline will do their best to accomodate your request, but there is a chance you will not get it. Visit the maitre'd upon boarding to check your table size, and if it's not what you want, he/she may be able to help you.

Please be forewarned that the dining tables for two on the CB are not very prevalent and not in particularly great locations. This is mentioned in my recent CB review if you'd like to read about it.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=614318

You may want to keep your options open and just see what is available once you are onboard.

Do which one? Anytime reservation or traditional?

Thanks for any info.

We wanted/requested a table for 2 with late seating this past May on the CB. When I boarded I went and waited to confirm table size. I was actually told that the dining room we were assigned to for late seating, had no tables for 2. (We had been given a 4 with another couple) What they did was give us the same table every night in anytime dining (a 4 top by the window with a wall, so it was very private) and we had the same waiter every evening. The only thing we missed doiing it this was was the parade of baked alaska, but once you've seen one.... LOL

I would definitely recommend just taking care of it when you board. It was a little bit of a wait, but so worth it!!

B4 the Cruisa:

We always have anytime dining. We make reservations for the first night and then if we like the table and location we work with the Maitre D to insure we can get that same table., which means we sometimes have to adjust our reservation time. We are late diners (post 8 PM) and it is not difficult to get specific tables at that time. In fact, we have had 4-top on several occassions.

Just got off the Caribbean Princess and we never had a problem getting a table for 2 in anytime dining after about 8:30, it was PERFECT, anytime dining worked great for us, if I was in a larger group I think that I would still prefer traditional...

So true....the Palm Dining room is the way to go and you get those great aft views!

Shhhh! I don't want anyone other than you and I to know about these. ;)

But.....if either you or I were to want one of those tables, we'd scope them out by going all the way aft in the Palm dining room, get a table number for one or two that we like, and then we'd see the maitre d' ASAP for a nightly reservation.

Archived