14 Oct Sensation, with toddlers anyone else?

Cruizingwithtoddlers

We are on the carnival Sensation Oct 14 and cruising with our 2 toddlers (2&3), and was wondering if anyone else will be there with young children. This is our 1st time cruising with the kids and I am a bit nervous. Both kids sleep in their own bed and now we are putting them together in the same bed and with us sleeping in the same room. I have been reading tips and seeing what will work best with us. We have an outside room, no balcony, we tried to get an upgrade, but was told it was sold out. Anyway, thanks for the tips and we look forward to meeting anyone else travelling with toddlers on this trip.

You're in luck, on your sailing's roll call there are other sailing with young kids...head over and say HI

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=603924

We were on Sensation last month. I'll post some pictures here. And I am warning you, the ship is PURPLE. REALLY purple.

The children's pool. This is practically hidden. I had to look for it. Go through the Lido Buffet, past the pizza, and out the door and down the steps. It's salt water. And usually there aren't alot of kids here.

IMG_1175-1.jpg

Build A Buddy at Camp Carnival - $29.97 - your child can build their own buddy and it comes with a sailor suit and a camp carnival T-shirt

IMG_1219.jpg

One game - family balloon wars

878783-R1-01-0A_002.jpg

Towel Animal Zoo

IMG_1191-1.jpg

The pool - the kids have to be 48" tall to ride the slide

IMG_1173.jpg

The movie screen. They showed Afternoon and Evening movies on this. It's not a new LED like on the new Carnival ships but it works.

IMG_1172.jpg

Mini Golf - go next to the pool and look for the crew member with the golf clubs. Just give them your S&S card and he will give you the clubs and balls. Golf is free.

IMG_1165.jpg

Camp Carnival Talent Show - for all of the ages they taught them how to do the Cha Cha Slide

IMG_1213.jpg

If you have an OV, then you can have a bed set up like this (this was Elation but they have the same set up). My youngest (then 2 slept on the floor), my oldest (then 6) slept on the lower bunk.

IMG_0047.jpg

This used to be the adult pool and hottub, but they recently removed the "adult only" signs

IMG_1178.jpg

How cool are you????:D Thank you so much for the link and pictures. As for the sleeping arrangements, I think we will put the boys in the same bed and my husband and I will sleep on the 'bunk' beds. I guess we are going to play it by ear ;) Thanks again for everything!

Have a great cruise!!!! :D

Archived