snorkel excursion

DTMandM

I am taking my son and daughter (both adults) on their first snorkeling excursion, it will be booked through the ship. We are looking for a good time, experienced guides and do not mind small groups, please provide any information or recommendations.

hi, u dont mentiont eh hsip u will be on or the line. we just did the castaway shipwreck sail/snorkel...with carnival..the catamaran is at the ship, no long rides to get to the boat. but u have about a 10 min walk to get there..this was a different type of snorkel trip..ill tell u what it was then u can deceide..if anyone has any health related problems, this is not for u..they will tell u this onboard..it goes to buck island, u will not get to go to shore. we jumped overboard into the ocean with our gear on. they do have steps into the water as well, but it is crowded. there is no reef here, all rock bottom. i dont think a first timer would enjoy it..u can paddle around the boat, it is deep no touching bottom to re-adjust masks..we followed a guide, swam along way, it was fun, he would dive down and bring up sea creatures for all of us to pass around, i think everyone was very comfortable int he water, we swam for over an hour. swam one direction to a point and then returned to snorkel over a shipwreck in deep water as well. it was very different but fun..u may be happier at trunk bay on st john or...saphire beach..very calm clear water, great for 1st timers. coki beach is nice too, just gets very crowded...hope this helps..cindy

Thanks for the info, we will be on the Granduer of the Seas in late November, docking at havensight, Right now we are leaning towards turtle cove as from what I can tell it may be a little easier on my dau. My son is not afraid of much and learns easily and I am experienced ( 3 years in Hawaii) but my daughter is a little leary so I am looking for something easy or for a good boat that I would not feel badly about her sitting, if she deceides not to stay in the water. Thanks Tom

Archived