How hard is it to change passenger cabin assignments once boarded

Vacple30

We booked the Victory for Dec 16th, 2007 and Carnival suggested that we book my husband in one cabin with his dad and myself in the other cabin with his uncle and my daughter so that his dad and uncle could get the past guest discount with us. The cruise planner said to go to the pursers desk and have them switch us once we board. Is this as simple of a process as it seems? Did anyone ever have any problems switching?

We booked the Victory for Dec 16th, 2007 and Carnival suggested that we book my husband in one cabin with his dad and myself in the other cabin with his uncle and my daughter so that his dad and uncle could get the past guest discount with us. The cruise planner said to go to the pursers desk and have them switch us once we board. Is this as simple of a process as it seems? Did anyone ever have any problems switching?

You would think it would be that simple, and I hope it is for you. From what I remember one other poster saying, this is how they were going to do it.

I hope it works out for you and if not, just switch. What are they going to do, not much.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I dont see why it would be a problem, but yeah, if they wont do it, then just do the switching yourself...

...they never had a problem when I had those hot swedish triplets staying in my room the entire cruise.....

Go to the pursers desk and tell them how you want to change and how you want the credit cards assigned by cabin. It is really that easy, just be patient and make sure that the pursers desk gets it right. After they say it is done, ask them to confirm back to you the credit cards by cabin.

We've done this several times on different cruise lines, usually to get the past cruisers rate.

I've been wondering about this too. Our pvp had us do the same thing when we booked since my husband and I are past guests and our friends aren't. I'm listed in one room with my friend and Dh is listed in the other room with her husband. He keeps worrying that we won't be able to switch. :rolleyes:

My advice is to go to the pursers desk immediately upon boarding and get your keys/credit card issue switched. It's easy to do, but the pursers line gets LONG on embarkation day, sometimes very, very long. Do yourself a favor and go directly there. :)

We just did this exact same thing on the Imagination in Sept. My MIL was in the cabin with me and my DD, and my DH and FIL were in the cabin together. We all used the credit cards we wanted to to activate the sail and sign cards while going through the check in process. Then we just went to the pursers desk to change the names on the cabin assignment so that the sail and sign bills were going to the proper rooms. It was no hassle other than standing in the long line. Folks do it all the time.

We did this last year on the glory....we went with another couple and we booked my wife and I in each of the two cabins because of the past guest special. We just went to the purser desk and they made the changes and cu two new cards for the people switching rooms.

Archived