Holiday Market 11/23 Uniworld

michy

Passau to Budapest- anyone going 11/24?

Has anyone been on a Holiday Market cruise?

What is there to buy? Any suggestions on

what not to miss on ports or in Budapest?

Dinner in Budapest?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

We did a Christmas Market cruise on Uniworld year before last. It was fantastic! We didn't do the Budapest itinerary, but Uniworld does such a great job, I know you're going to love it.

There are lots of things to buy in the markets, my favorites were wood carvings, christmas ornaments and the little mugs that you get with your gluwein. And of course, there are lots and lots of tasty goodies that you can buy to enjoy too.

Oh, I only wish we were doing a Christmas Market cruise this year!

Have fun.

We did a Christmas Market Cruise last year ... it was so much fun! One thing to get is the mugs from each of the markets .... each market has their name on it. You get them at the Gluhwine stands .... I think it was around 5 Euros for the mug and the hot drink (yummm). If you return the mug, you get some Euros back (maybe 2?), but it makes a great souvenir! Vienna has 3 markets, so be sure and get one from each!

Have a great time!!!

Passau to Budapest- anyone going 11/24?

Has anyone been on a Holiday Market cruise?

What is there to buy? Any suggestions on

what not to miss on ports or in Budapest?

Dinner in Budapest?

Thanks

We returned from the Budapest-> Istanbul Black Sea Discovery cruise last week. We did an extra day which allowed us to do the Szechenyi thermal baths in the morning and the Opera in the evening. If your hotel in Budapest is centrally located it is easy to walk or take the subway to most places. I would buy paprika. My full review appears on a different thread in this forum.

WIT

Me too! Think we will try for next year though. Have a great time to the OP!

We may go next year if we can swing it. We're already booked for a med cruise in April, so that may be our Europe trip for the year.

We're doing a caribbean cruise this year during christmastime, so that should be nice, but it's nothing like the Christmas Markets!!

We may go next year if we can swing it.

We are also "trying to swing it". My mom and I are putting together a group of women to go, so that should be fun. It's more than a year away, but at least something to look forward to!

Archived