The Number one thing that could ruin your cruise

Mikel1733

For me, a serious problem at home (family member/friend/pet being injured or killed) would be the worst possible thing. Aside from not being able to enjoy the cruise, being stuck on the ship until the next port at least and barely being able to communicate (without incurring huge expense) would be the pits!

Running into your ex who is with someone you know...

That would be better then running into your wife/huband with someone else :eek: I think that the only thing that would ruin my cruise would be if someone died. Even if the ship sank (assuming I live) I would still look at the bright side. We would get a full refund or a free cruise or something. :D

The only thing that would truly ruin my cruise was if it was cancelled altogether. I can deal with everything else - although if I had to be quarantined due to illness that might qualify as a "ruiner" - but even then I would hope to have a "roommate" who I could talk to - or maybe play Scrabble with. :D

In all cases, I wouldn't be working, attending conference calls, answering email, pages or cell calls. Sounds very nice to me.

I agree with this! Only thing that could ruin a cruise is if I didn't get to go because the cruise was cancelled! :p

Getting really sick, with noro or something like it.

Knock wood but 11 cruises and I've never gotten sick, and I'm not prone to sickness but when I am it's a really bad sick :( I am prone to kidney stones and have 7 of the little buggers just waiting to announce themselves so I'm extra careful for weeks prior to the cruise and during the cruise to avoid all the triggers (By the way do they have morphine in the infirmary???:confused: )

Being informed, upon boarding, of their new rule REQUIRING you to attend the shopping talk. :eek: Another killer would be their new rule that, if you eat in the dining room, you MUST try Escargot before they will give you your chocolate melting cake!!:eek: :eek: :D

That would be better then running into your wife/huband with someone else :eek:. :D

Rodney Dangerfield had a joke about that........"Last night my wife met me at the cabin door. She was wearing a sexy negligee. The only trouble was, she was coming back".

Being informed, upon boarding, of their new rule REQUIRING you to attend the shopping talk. :eek: Another killer would be their new rule that, if you eat in the dining room, you MUST try Escargot before they will give you your chocolate melting cake!!:eek: :eek: :D

Love dem slugs

Being stuck with my wife being a bitch almost threw me over the edge, but at least I could escape up on deck. The ultimate horror would be being trapped in an elevator, in rough seas, & everyone starts puking.

:eek:

wow

Being stuck with my wife being a bitch almost threw me over the edge, but at least I could escape up on deck. The ultimate horror would be being trapped in an elevator, in rough seas, & everyone starts puking.

I assume she does not read these boards:eek:

Finding out after boarding that the ship was booked as a "Slim and Trim" cruise.

You could only have one appetizer and one entree each time you dined, but unlimited salads with vinegar and very little oil.

Plus being told you could only go through the buffet once each meal and you have a food card that is swiped when you ate so you could not cheat and to eliminate you from being able to go to a different food station to get something else.

Plus that meal card was renewed each day by having to exercise at least 60 minutes while under direct supervision. Now that would be close to a ruined cruise.

Don

Being stuck with my wife being a bitch almost threw me over the edge

Thats what Sudafed and bungie cords are for :D

The ultimate horror would be being trapped in an elevator, in rough seas, & everyone starts puking.

At least you won't go hungry :eek:

Fred

Running into your ex who is with someone you know...

OH MY Is there a story in that statement???

Long story short.. We went on our honeymoon on the Horizon to Bermuda...Sister ship Zenith used to sail down with her...

Found out from my friend, who is still friends with the ex (bad breakup!) before the husband that he and his wife were on the Zenith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All i could think was what kind of cosmic thing was this! Thank god we didnt run into each other in Hamilton LOL!

C'mon dont hold back, tell us how you really feel

TS or Hurricane and resulting route changes/delays

Bad Dining experience from either guest dress or bad food

Unfriendly non caring crew

Smokers on the ship and balconies

Young loud kids running, on the elevators, in the hot tubs with diapers

Large obnoxious Group takes over ship

Dirty poorly maintained ship

Me, Steveeeee, and robyxx at your table.:eek: :D

Archived