Denail Princess Help

Macy Jean

My husband & I are going on the Heart of Alaska/Coral July 19. We want to take the Nenana Gorge Whitewater, we are going on the train to Denali, if we take the free natural history tour are we going to have time for the Nenana trip or should we pass up the natural history tour? What time do we get to Denali? I do not know the time of the whitewater trip. I don't think we can book it til we are on the train.Tanaks for any help you can give.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Macy Jean:

My husband & I are going on the Heart of Alaska/Coral July 19. We want to take the Nenana Gorge Whitewater, we are going on the train to Denali, if we take the free natural history tour are we going to have time for the Nenana trip or should we pass up the natural history tour? What time do we get to Denali? I do not know the time of the whitewater trip. I don't think we can book it til we are on the train.Tanaks for any help you can give.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear Macy Jean-

We were on the same tour - 3s- May 11-24. We went white water rafting trip at 6 pm time slot upon arriving at Denai Princess. It was GREAT. Then we had dinner. We took the 3 hr Denai nature tour in the morning. It was still light out at midnight. Enjoy your trip. I wish I still there! Susan

How are you arriving there and for how long?? If you can't find out- then yes look into booking it as soon as you arrive, but also look at upgrading your Denali Park tour- it usually is a highlight for most and if you want wildlife sightings- you need the Tundra Wilderness. I hate to say to skip the Natural History, since it has about a $35pp cost, BUT if you have a priority for rafting- then just take the Park Service FREE shuttle to Savage River- same place the Natural History goes. At least you would have a small look at the area?? Ranger activites sometimes too.

Archived