Sebago

geminipartygirl

I was wondering how many people have used them for different excursions. Did you have a good experience? Has anyone done the Snorkel Reef Tour? We want to snorkel and think doing it in the coral reef would be awesome. Any info given is much appreciated. Thanks!

I go out with their Island T'Ing on every trip to Key West and have always had a great time. I don't doubt that their single snorkel trip is just as good as any of the others.

BTW, here is what is available...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-c72283/Key-West:Florida:Watersports.In.Key.West.html

Pjk

The Island Ting looks fun! Unfortunately, our ship doesn't get there until 10am and that is when the tour takes off. I'll just have to give the snorkeling a try. Is the water there really clear? I can't recall being in crystal clear water but I would love to sometime.

The Island Ting looks fun! Unfortunately, our ship doesn't get there until 10am and that is when the tour takes off. I'll just have to give the snorkeling a try. Is the water there really clear? I can't recall being in crystal clear water but I would love to sometime.

It is very clear and the only time you might have a problem is after a storm or heavy rain which tends to stir up the sand. Hopefully you will be

taken to Sand Key which is one of the best places in that area of the reef. You'll know it because it has a big, metal framework channel marker right where you snorkel.

Have fun.

Pjk

I saw someone's post about Sebago payments being not refundable. Is that true? I'm not worried about me changing my mind, but what if the ship doesn't make it in time, or skips the port, or something like that. Has anyone had any bad experiences with getting their money back???

That is the risk of booking non ship excursions. Take into account what time of year it is, (Hurricane season)

Also you can book at the port the day you are there. It cost a little more than pre booking but not much.

I was looking into Parasailing in key west.

RCCL wanted $79 each for a tandem and Sebago wanted $64 dollars for both before noon. That's like a $100 savings. I will take my chances.

You can cancel but its like 24 or 48 hours in advance.

I saw someone's post about Sebago payments being not refundable. Is that true? I'm not worried about me changing my mind, but what if the ship doesn't make it in time, or skips the port, or something like that. Has anyone had any bad experiences with getting their money back???

If you have pre-booked and your ship is delayed so that you miss the trip your money will be refunded. You simply have to call or walk over to one of the booking kiosks. There is one at the Galleon Resort off of Front Street. This is a general policy with all of the companies.

You will generally have no trouble doing a "walk-up" on a morning or afternoon snorkel trip, but during high season the Island T'Ing and Power Adventure, with a max of 40 people, tends to get filled up prior to the day they go out.

Pjk

Pjk

If you have pre-booked and your ship is delayed so that you miss the trip your money will be refunded. You simply have to call or walk over to one of the booking kiosks. There is one at the Galleon Resort off of Front Street. This is a general policy with all of the companies.

You will generally have no trouble doing a "walk-up" on a morning or afternoon snorkel trip, but during high season the Island T'Ing and Power Adventure, with a max of 40 people, tends to get filled up prior to the day they go out.

Pjk

Pjk

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Shellie

I am booked for a parasail with Sebago on Nov 2nd. We were in Key West in March and had booked a group of 8. They impressed me because they said it was too windy. I had called from the ship because it was windy, and they said the captain was still out checking conditions. By the time we walked over, it was still too windy -- but would have had to walk over to get the refund on our cc, anyway. They lost a chunk of change, but put safety first, and I appreciated that. I overheard a conversation, that other providers were thinking of risking it -- glad Sebago didn't.

I have also snorkeled in Key West some years ago -- don't recall the provider, but we went out in a Catamaran. Personally, if you have the opportunity to snorkel elsewhere, I'd choose elsewhere. I didn't find the reef very colorful -- not like other places in the caribbean. And for a first timer -- snorkeling from a beach would be better. Where we snorkeled was very deep and the water was choppy that day -- got a headache from it pounding my forehead. The cool thing about our snorkel was we saw a huge hammerhead shark, kind of in a deep canyon between the coral ridges. The captain sort of didn't believe my husband who went aboard first, but then I came up and verified. At the time, I didn't think they were dangerous -- they can be -- and this boy was quite large.

We did Island T'ing with Sebago last year. We had a great time and I'd do it again -- but not specifically for the snorkeling. The snorkeling was average at best compared to other places we've snorkeled (Belize, St. Thomas, Cozumel, Bahamas, etc.). Again, it was a fun time, but the snorkeling was just not that good.

Archived