Kauai helicopter and transportation from port?

donnaleed

We are looking to book a 1 hour helicopter ride in Kauai. Does anyone know if any of the companies offer a shuttle from the port to the heliport?

If not, does anyone know what a cab ride from port to the heliport would cost (roughly)? We are not planning on renting a car in this port.

Thanks in advance!

Donna-Lee

We used Safari Helicopters... http://www.safarihelicopters.com . They shuttle to and from the pier. Excellent company, I highly recommend them...

I choose them because you do get shuttled back and forth (they were very prompt!) and also because they provide a DVD of your tour (which is really cool to revisit once in a while)

Cheers!

Blue Hawaiian has their office in the small shopping center within walking distance of the port. The mall runs a shuttle from the pier to the shopping center (free). BH then shuttles you from their office to the airport.

I wouldn't bet on the DVD being included ... BH had a charge of like $20 for theirs. For comparison though, FairWind (snorkel excursion in Kona) wanted like $50 for their DVD. (I bought the BH one but passed on the FW one)

Hi - just got back yesterday from our Hawaiian cruise and the helicopter ride in Kauai was the highlight - absolutely fantastic - went with Blue Hawaiian and got the dvd for $20 - worth every penny - Andy was our pilot and he was spectacular - highly recommend a helicopter ride, especially in Kauai and particularly with Blue Hawaiian - they were great! Can't wait to go back.

Peggy

I booked mine 2 months in advance. I had wanted early morning of our second day and they were already booked at that point so I booked for the morning of the first day. At about 30 days, I shot them an email and asked if my preferred slot had opened up. It had and they switched my reservation for me.

Blue Hawaiian is close to the port. You could actually walk (many people did).

There is a shuttle from the port that runs to the shopping center (which is across the street from the Blue Hawaiian office). After disembarking, we took the shuttle bus to the BH office. It took less than 5 minutes. (As jerseyjk said).

For the trip back, we took a private cab from the shopping center because we had a lot of bags and were running close on time. The driver charges us $4.00 for 3 of us. We gave him a nice tip since he could have probably pickup up a larger fare and we were grateful that he agreed to take us to the ship.

Check out the blue hawaiian website for some great photos/video.

Have a fantastic time!

Check out the blue hawaiian website for some great photos/video.

Have a fantastic time!

I second the BH web site. Great videos of all the tours. After looking at all of them we decided to book the West Maui/Molokai tour over Kauai as it actually looks more scenic (can only afford one). Not trying to start a arguement as I now everyone says Kauai is the best for air tours. I'm thinking we will get to see the Napali coast from the ship and Waimea Canyon on tour but there's a lot of Maui and Molokai you will not see except by air.

On second thought, considering this will be our first and maybe only trip to Hawaii, we may splurge and do both, then worry about the budget when we get home. :D

Thanks so much for the info! Now I have more questions for you! Is the shuttle free? Is the dvd free? Was there anything you were disappointed in with Safari?

I don't think that you can go wrong with any of the helicopter companies... I mean, I did try to get BH, but they were sold out. Safari was another one that I could find that had a shuttle and a DVD, so we went with that. Really excellent, very well run company. I highly recommend it. But like I said, I think you won't be dissappointed with whichever tour you take.

I think you should try to get a company that has a DVD though, the one we have has the back and forth between the passengers and the pilot and also the pilot talking along with the music which is specially formulated for your tour. It is a really really great keepsake. Plus, I didn't have futz with my camera because I already knew I was going to get it on DVD. I have a few shots... but mostly I just sat in my helicopter seat and drooled...

Cheers!

I have done an Air Tour on Kauai twice the first time I was on island for a week and I flew with Safari and loved the FREE video that they included with the tour. It was an awesome tour, great company.

A few months ago took an NCL cruise and I flew with Air Ventures (a plane tour). They were also only $99 per person, for cruise ship passengers. I chose to fly with them over Wings over Kauai because they will pick you up right from the pier and they have a superior air craft to the other plane companies. I used to fly myself so I am always in the air craft. Their plane is a 2007 G8 Air Van that is totally set up to do tours just like those done in Kauai, also the Pilot Joel was excellent! I would go for the plane tour unless you can do both. You will see more of Kauai and for less than half the price.

Aloha Ya’ll,

James

Archived