All things Monarch of the Seas

I'm very excited to go to my very first cruise aboard Monarch of the Sea this week-end. But up to now my bf and I still haven't planned what to do in Ensenada. Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm in my mid 20's & my bf is early 30's.

Where thinking about the Rosarito beach party, but I dont know if we could book it on the day of the cruise.

Thank a lot!

The winery tour offered by the ship is fun. You visit 2 wineries, sample a lot, can buy some to take home, and the tour is reasonably priced. They will drop you off in town if you would like at the conclusion of the tour and you can walk back to the ship or take a frequent shuttle.

Have lots of fun!!!!! :)

I disagree with arriving at 1:00 pm if you do not have priority boarding. You will be standing in a long line to check in at 1:00 pm. Check in begins at 10:30 am. I would recommend arriving no later than 11:30, as you will get checked in faster, and most likely having a boarding number of one which is next after priority. You also will be able to sit down in the waiting area, instead of standing in a line. It's also easier to find seating in the Windjammer earlier. JMHO:rolleyes:

Coffee..... I also like the dining room coffee, and they have a little station set up right inside the door in the am's that you can get fresh coffee in a "to go" cup.

Great, thanks Jen! I think we'll get some Starbucks in the am near the Crowne Plaza and then take the shuttle around 11am based on your recommendation...I'm getting so excited!! 3 days till cruise time!!

Thanks for the information.

Does anyone know how much spa services is on Monarch?

Thanks!

A basic massage (50 minutes) is $109 plus tip and it goes up from there. Although I'm a fan of hot stones treatments, I think that was going for $178 for 50 minutes, so I don't do those anymore.

If you're sailing out of LA, wait until you get to Ensenada and get a massage in town. We go to a place called Massage and Facial Care, located at 743 Avenida Lopez Mateo (the main street in town). You can make an appointment in advance by emailing Dean Tinney at spatherapy@hotmail.com

The facility is clean, the techs are great and the price is right - a full hour is $50 and 90 minutes is $70. Plus tip. We go there almost every time we're in Ensenada.

A basic massage (50 minutes) is $109 plus tip and it goes up from there. Although I'm a fan of hot stones treatments, I think that was going for $178 for 50 minutes, so I don't do those anymore.

If you're sailing out of LA, wait until you get to Ensenada and get a massage in town. We go to a place called Massage and Facial Care, located at 743 Avenida Lopez Mateo (the main street in town). You can make an appointment in advance by emailing Dean Tinney at spatherapy@hotmail.com

The facility is clean, the techs are great and the price is right - a full hour is $50 and 90 minutes is $70. Plus tip. We go there almost every time we're in Ensenada.

Do you just goto that location or the one on Miramar as well? one nicer than the other?

anyone know what obstruction view is like on cabins 8510, 8066, and 8018?

Here's a post from another CC'er that should give you an idea. For the cabin numbers you mention, they'd have a lifeboat right in front of the window.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=14962006&postcount=6

Here's a list of the cabins that fall right between or at either ends of the lifeboats:

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

We booked 8050 for our upcoming cruise:)

Here's a post from another CC'er that should give you an idea. For the cabin numbers you mention, they'd have a lifeboat right in front of the window.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=14962006&postcount=6

Here's a list of the cabins that fall right between or at either ends of the lifeboats:

8008 8508

8030 8530

8032 8532

8034 8534

8036 8536

8038 8538

8048 8548

8050 8550

8060 8560

8072 8572

8084 8584

8096 8596

We booked 8050 for our upcoming cruise:)

8030 is a good room in a great location.

I thought you were a balcony snob??:confused:

Make that a flexible "Balcony Snob".:D

At the great bargain these deck 8 cabins offer, and being only a 3- nighter, we decided to save the difference in cost for a JS or up.

Maybe we'll treat ourselves to some of those $15 steaks in the dining room:rolleyes:

I am going with 4 other friends on the Oct. 3rd 3 day sailing. I have one of the ladies who needs to be in Fullerton at 9:00 to teach a class. If we carry off our own luggage, can we be off by 7-7:30? We don't plan to bring much, so we don't mind toting our luggage. I didn't want to assume we could get off early, and then have her students show up and no teacher! I haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean, so I don't know their routine. Thanks

I am going with 4 other friends on the Oct. 3rd 3 day sailing. I have one of the ladies who needs to be in Fullerton at 9:00 to teach a class. If we carry off our own luggage, can we be off by 7-7:30? We don't plan to bring much, so we don't mind toting our luggage. I didn't want to assume we could get off early, and then have her students show up and no teacher! I haven't sailed with Royal Caribbean, so I don't know their routine. Thanks

My last sail on the Monarch was the three day. Hundreds of people were using the express system to get off early, probably because it is a Monday morning and they need to get to work, and it was taking awhile. My grand daughter used the express because she needed to get to a college class in Walnut that began at 9:30. I strongly suggest your friend be ready by 6:30 am and be on deck four ready to walk off with her luggage when they make the first announcement for express. If she waits too long, the line can become very long....and she could find the end of the line is on deck 7 with all the staircases full, that is what we saw. My grand daughter was ready and she did not have a problem with a real long line. Being off by the time you need is doable, you just need to be ready when the announcement is made.

I just got back yesterday from the 3nights cruise. A lot of people are complaining about the express debarkation. If you want to get off the ship early you have wait in line early. I went to the Windjammer at 6:00 am & there are already lots of people waiting in line at Deck 4. At 7:00 am the line is already till Deck 5. It was 7:30 am when I got off the ship but the immigration line is very long. There's a separate line for Non U.S. Citizen which made it a lot easier for me to get out of the Port.

Have fun in your cruise.

Does Anyone know what Monarch will gain or lose during the dry dock period in late October and Early November?

Hi guys! We are excited that Monarch is coming our way;) Dh and I are are going to try her out in Dec. and we cant wait!

As far as drydock, I dont think she is gaining anything from what I have heard. Not really loosing anything either except for old carpet, furniture, ect...

Archived